Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Embedded systems

Toggle
Embedded systems
Answer
3/17/05 7:33 PM
hi,
my name is pavan and i am from INDIA , studying at Blekinge Technical University in SWEDEN and i am doing MSC computer science.
I dont have any information of getting a thesis but i am intrested in doing EMBEDDED SYSTEMS and planning to do my thesis work in Embedded systems.
I have heard that we can get Paid Thesis work and also Lot of opportunities in Germany or any other place for embedded systems.

any one have information please help me.
I am in desperate condition .

thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Embedded systems
Answer
3/18/05 9:23 AM as a reply to pavan yadav.
It is interesting.
Are you sure that your info still valid now?
There are so many students in germany apply for thesis in company for this opportunity, Do you think, why the company want to accept you who even can't speak german?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 10:20 AM as a reply to pavan yadav.
Why Germany,

I can not understand this. You can not speak German, you need minimum 2 years to be able to speak/write without problems. With that amount of time you can do many things at countries like US, UK, Canada. If you think that learning the language, getting used to Germany outweighing the risks then do it.

Read this forum a bit, buy a book about germany, customs, the way of living here (Culture Shock Germany is a good choice), and try to think about it once more.

Good Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 10:32 AM as a reply to pavan yadav.
You can try to find thesis for some automotive application. This market is expanding and the moment and the demand for embedded SW/HW developers is strong. I suggest that you check the automotive supplier companies (Automobielzulieferer). Some names are: Bosch, Valeo, Lear, Delphi, Temic, Continental, Hella... There are many more. Perhaps Freescale semiconductors (former Motorola) in Munich is interesting for you, they have very international environment and english is official language in that company. The other microcontoller manufacturers could be also of interest for you like ST Semiconductors, NEC... They all have progarmmers for development of demo-applications and for customer support.

@VP_2004: He did not say that he cannot speak german. Even if he not, he has a good chances. Read the german news in german language (www.n24.de for example). The german IT market is again very demanding and the number of german graduates and qualified unemployed workforce cannot cover the demand.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 3:15 PM as a reply to pavan yadav.
Hello Pavan,
German is just an additional criteria to work in Germany particularly in the decently termed 'Conservative' companies like Bosch BMW, VW or Audi.
But for a thesis even such companies accept English speaking students as I did my thesis in Bosch without much knowledge of German.

As already said, you can also try in one of the Automotive Supplier companies like Siemens VDO, VALEO, etc etc.Visit the respective sites and try your best.

Well you can also send your CV to me and I can try out something in my company as I am also working in the same Embedded Systems field.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 3:37 PM as a reply to pavan yadav.
Let's not be that harsh to our friend from Sweden.. emoticon

A thesis student(Diplomant) costs almost nothing compared to a normal Employee from an Employer perspective. So the German companies do not that stricly care whether the student speaks German or not.. they will not invest much money on the student anyway.. they also consider interns and thesis students as cheap-labour, that's why, one can see a lot of intern position advertisements even during the crisis periods. The only problem that I see here is getting the work-permit. It does not make a big difference for Germany, the fact that you study in Sweden. If you are holding a non-EU passport, company needs to invest some effort/time/money for your work-permit even for a student thesis position.

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 11:19 PM as a reply to pavan yadav.
I only know that since 2000 everybody is aware that germany need IT expert. Since that time, people tended to go for IT major in university.
If you calculate 2000 + 5 = 2005. How many IT student who want to do diploma thesis now?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 3:28 PM as a reply to pavan yadav.
hi every one
thanks for the valuable information. I will surely check out the companies .
i am extremely sorry that i didnt introduce my self properly.
I have done my Bachelors degree in ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY and then i came to know abt the Embedded systems, and found out that i need some programming knowledge to do embedded systems so i did my MSC computer science then i started looking for the companies which recruit students for embedded systems but every company required the students who have done Mtech level education or BE in electronics wich i didnt have.
so because of the circumstances i had to work for my family and i was working for 16 months in an US based MNC company as a TECHNICAL HELP DESK and have grown good communication skills.

Then i got the offer for Studying at sweden so i opted to come here and then i was looking for the options in Embedded systems.
and i found out that we do get thesis work here in sweden or germany for embedded systems. And in order to get the Masters Degree from my university i need to do the Thesis work so i opted for Embedded systems.
At this point of time i am not in the condition to apply for US or UK as i dont have that much of finincial support.
But i will surely try for the companies and moove according to ur guidance given..

Thanks guys.....
with regards
pavan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 5:50 PM as a reply to pavan yadav.
I think the most effectice strategy for you is to base your thesis on a well known open-source fpr embedded systems that could interess the german industry, in Germany is open source "sehr beliebt".
and germans are very activ in that area.

Texas instrument has an open source programm for DSP design over linux

Take care.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3