Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Proof of income required for family reunification visa?

Toggle
Hello,

I have a question that I really hope to get a positive answer. I am from Costa Rica and I am married to a German citizen. My wife is currently in Germany studying and I am in currently working here in Costa Rica. We already have gather all the documents and requirements to apply for the family reunification visa. We have all the requirements that they ask at the embassy and it seems that there is one requirement that we don't have yet. At the embassy they ask for proof of income or how we will support our selfs. The problem is my wife is studying and she gets school money plus kids money support which would be enough to support our selfs because we will not have to pay rent or anything else but food and personal things since her parents are allowing us to stay and live there until I can get a job and get a more stable life. Now the question is, Is the proof of income really a requirement even though on the "aufenthalts recht" on paragraph 28 states that the family reunification visa most be given to the spouse of a german citizen regardless of the income. Why is it a requirement at the embassy than? I am just so scared that they will deny that visa because of that. Please let me know what you know about this. Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Proof of income required for family reunification visa?
Answer
9/30/14 2:09 AM as a reply to Derek Piedra.
Hello, 

Did you get a VISA without income requirements?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Proof of income required for family reunification visa?
Answer
9/30/14 7:09 AM as a reply to Habib Denver.
Income proof compulsory
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18