Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Applying for citizenship after got pension refund

Toggle
Hi,
Let me tell you the details of my case.
I was in Germany from Feb 2000 till June 2006. Got the NE in 2005. Left the Germany and applied for pension refund. Got the refund of the pension in 2009. Then fortunately my company deputed me back to Germany. I came in germany on the old NE and got myself registered in the AMT.
I got my tax card and again I am paying the rentenversicherungen. So like normal NE holder.

Now I want to apply for German citizenship. I am not having German language certification.
Now I want to know if I am eligible to apply for citizenship or not? If not then what are steps i have to take? I have read forum but all cases were normal NE to citizenship cases whereas my case has break of 4 years in two NE tenure.

Looking forward for your views / experiences / suggestions.

Cheers.
Cyrus
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Applying for citizenship after got pension refund
Answer
9/10/10 7:07 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Your NE is invalid (as you stay more than 6 months out of Germany) and during the process of citizenship, they will figure out this easily, so they may deport you instead if giving you citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/10 7:18 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Hi UMTS11,

Thanks for your reply. If NE is invlaid why do they issue me tax card? Before registering at AMT I told that I was away for 4 years. They didn't told that my NE is invalid or so.

Cheers,
Cyrus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/10 9:12 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Did you de-register when you left Germany? I presume not, as the Meldeamt and the Auslaenderamt compare information once every year. Other than that it's not the job of the Meldeamt and the Finanzamt to enforce immigration law, so they won't care if you have been out for any number of years and they will happily issue a tax card, but if you apply for Citizenship the EBH/ABH will review your CV and your records in all German Departments. More likely than not, they will figure that you have been away for four years.

They might not necessarily deport you if you have a job, but they might fine you and/or invalidate your NE, making you start from scratch, these sort of investigations can be quite stressful. Then again, you might have luck and fall under the cracks of the system, and this is known to have happened before. That said, once you get citizenship there is a 7 or 8 year period where it can be revoked if they find you lied or withdrew information on your application.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/10 9:31 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Yes I did abmeldung and left the Germany. On that basis only I got my pension refund :-).

But I have not come here with any illegal means.

I didn't hide any information or tweak with any information.

I think its better if I directly start dialog with Einbürgerungsbehörde. What you say?

- Cyrus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/10 11:33 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
May I ask you, based on what kind of visum did you reenter germany?

are you sure if your current NE is the same as the previous one?

I never heard NE that can be renewed after leaving germany more than 4 years.

Please do tell us your experience after your dialog with the immigration/einburerung people.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/12/10 8:13 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
As already stated, you are currently staying and working in Germany without a proper (residence) permit. This was overlooked by the immigration officer on arrival. On applying for German citizenship, the required “legal” stay would not be there. Your employer should have checked your immigration status before deputing you again to Germany. It is best to address this issue honestly and straight forwardly with the foreigner´s authority, even if, at worst case, they require you to initiate the visa process back in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/12/10 11:49 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
German laws are very strict.The German beamters are renowned to be saidsts and track down illegal migrants.I foresee jail time.

Good luck
Dee
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/10 1:09 AM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Your situation is complicated, it is best is to seek legal advise from a lawyer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/10 3:53 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Hi,

in DE, working and paying for Pension is one thing and applying for Citizenship is another thing.

If you think, you got the Pension refund, then the govt. got the employers contribution (WIN-WIN situation at both sides):-)

Regarding NE, its upon person at Behörde and his/her mood. We have experienced such things in the past.

You need to think about what you want: Work and get your Pension back again or serious to apply for Citizenship(Permanent stay: where you cannot get your pension back :-) till 67 or even later by then :-)

But, dont forget, that applying for Citizenship is a complicated process and there you again would require your L (Luck or Lawyer) to process your case.

Viele Grüße an alle und Herr Detlef,

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/10 3:50 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
Thanks for all replies.
Last week I had a discussion on my case for citizenship. Fortunately beamter was good (my luck). He issued me fresh NE (after went thru my arbeitsvertrag) and asked to produce integration course certificate and German language certificate. Now I will start preparing towards this. Anyone has idea how to go for it? Where to register and what is the process? He suggested Volkhochschule for Deutsch cartificate.

Cheers,
Cyrus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/10 7:24 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
@Cyrus

I would say you are lucky..not many people have it easy.. Anyways all VHS offers both Zertifikat Deutsch und Orientation course, which combined together is called the Integration course. Contact the VHS in you area and make and appointment for initial consultation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 12:50 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
But there is one caveat. I have to spend 3 years with new PR to be eligible for citizenship. With my old PR I was short with 1.5 years to be eligible for citzenship. He said now I have wait double the period I was short.

Cheers,
-Cyrus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/10 10:08 PM as a reply to Rahul Joshi.
i do not know if you definetly have to complete the integration course at the VolkshochSchule.

my recent experience is this

The option i followed is to study on my own and attended the B1 exam at the DID institute and they offer an equivalent B1 Diploma(same as Deutsch Zertifikat offered by Goethe) and was recognised by the Einbürgerungsbehörde when i went last week to discuss about filing my papers for Citizenship.

The drawback is that though i just passed the exam my german is still crap as i prepared on my own as i couldnt make time for the evening classes.

Then you can prepare on your own for the einbürgerungstest(questions and answers available on the internet) and this part is very easy.

i came to germany in 2001..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18