Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Work permit and Salary Scale

Toggle
Work permit and Salary Scale
Answer
1/31/08 11:10 PM
Dear Friends,

I am doing my masters here in Germany and will complete the same in couple of months. I have few questions regarding the work permit and salary scale in germany.

1. How long they will take normally to process the work permit? Will the employing company will help us in getting the same?

2. What is the Salary scale for a process engineer with masters ? Will they consider Internship as a work experience? Can you give some information regarding the pay scale in germany for process engineers with and without work experience.

3. How far its advicable to persue doctorate (Ph.D.) after masters? What is the difference will it make in pay scale.

my small comparison:

We cannot directly compare the masters freshers and ph.d. freshers. I will say Masters with 4 years of experience will be equal to ph.d. fresher. How can we compare these pay scales.

Please give me some idea.

Thanks with regards
SK.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit and Salary Scale
Answer
2/1/08 2:03 AM as a reply to k s.
Hello SK,

I try to comment on your questions based on my knowledge and experience.

1. Normal process time for work permit will be around 4 to 8 weeks. If the company is big or is a public limited company, then they have a special Human Resource department handling all visa related issues, which do every things for you.
For small companies, we have to do by ourself.

2. An average salary for Masters with 0 experience will start between €38k to €45k. Most of the companies in Germany will not prefer German Internship as a work experience because its part of an education.

3. In General, Masters degree with 3 years experience will have same salary range of Ph.D with zero experience. So pay will more, if you have a Doctorate degree.

Best of Luck !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/08 2:33 PM as a reply to k s.
I have also some experiences about salary & etc. emoticon

I met a German guy around 38 years old with PhD degree in (Pol. Sciences) & was working for 1-Euro job through AA. I mean he was getting H4.......

It happens also in germany ............
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/11 5:40 PM as a reply to k s.
Hi All,

I am a new college graduate from UK who did Masters. I look for Analog IC Design opportunties in Germany.
1. Could someone please let me know what could be the average starting ssalary for a new graduate in this field?

2. What could be the possible staring salary if he has 2+ years experience in board design and looking for Analog IC design opportunity?

Thanks in Advance,
20tech12...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/11 8:03 PM as a reply to k s.
Some salary examples:

1. University graduate with German skills with non-technical Masters like Economics Management etc or technical masters like Informatik:

a) SAP Consultant at companies like Accenture - 44-50K
b) JOining companies with IG Tariff like Infineon, Siemens, etc - 53-57K
c) Strategy consulting like McKinsey, Booz etc 60K
d) Strategy consulting like Accenture, Capgemini, etc 48k-53K
e) Joining small manufacturing companies 40K

2. University graduate with German skills with non-technical masters like political science, sociology have a very hard market unless they manage to enter some consulting companies as 'quereinsteiger'

3. Graduates in tourism management, advertising can end up working free of cost for one year as a 'volontariat' or with even salaries in the range of 30K

4. If you start your PHd you can earn anything between 12K to 30K depeding on factors such as if it is a scholarship or a paid position, if it is a half or full position. Ofcourse I mean here areas in science, technology etc

5. After PHd in electronics you could get 60K in microchip industry. Similar levels apply for chemistry PHds who join pharma companies.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/12 3:22 PM as a reply to k s.
supersid wrote
5. After PHd in electronics you could get 60K in microchip industry. Similar levels apply for chemistry PHds who join pharma companies.

Each company and sector has its own regulation, and depends on your negotiation. I know one person, who just finished PhD and started to work in semi industry, is getting less than 50K.

Academic title does not help forever. A very talented person w/o PhD can be much better than the one with PhD. I have seen such cases in the past.

PS: I am in semi industry for 15 years. I am working for the last 7 years in Germany.

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/12 4:29 PM as a reply to k s.
First of all thanks for such an informative thread. This thread talks more about salary range for IT professionals.

What about after PhD in Life sciences? What are the industrial aspects one can think of in industrial/pharma/biotech R&D and the salary expectations. Is this better or pursuing further in science.

Anyone changed their professions as such. Your suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks for your time.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott