Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

SCHUFA check for citizenship

Toggle
SCHUFA check for citizenship
Answer
8/29/08 8:50 PM
Hi,

Does the einbuergerungsamt check your SCHUFA when you apply for citizenship?

The reason I ask is that I have some minor comments on my SCHUFA (relating to not closing down my account and some minor charges that had piled up etc.).

Does anyone have any experience with this?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: SCHUFA check for citizenship
Answer
8/30/08 4:26 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
Common man, what does having bad credits or something of the kind be of influence on citizenship? Next time, will they check your account in Flensburg?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/08 4:37 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
Man, you never know!

Also, the citizenship application asks about your pending loans and stuff, by the way. So, it could be related. They, of course, need bank statements anyway.

Plus, I am a suspicious person by nature! I should sort the SCHUFA out anyway.

So, you are sure that they will not bother me about my credit rating? ;)

Anyhoo, does anyone know any good debt consolidator in Berlin?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/08 1:20 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
@xenon123

Your fears are well founded, but I don't think that will affect your Einbürgerung.

Furthermore you can check your SCHUFA score online.

https://www.meineschufa.de/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/08 3:59 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
@xenon123

"Also, the citizenship application asks about your pending loans and stuff, by the way. So, it could be related. They, of course, need bank statements anyway.", well, I've never heard of such things and the only bank statements they asked me is the one with the Kindergeld and it's the kids account and the one showing where I pay my rent.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/08 10:54 AM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
@NoBody

Actually they do ask for such financial information, it just depends on which Bundesland you are applying.

https://formulare.virtuelles-rathaus.de/servlet/com.burg.pdf.FillServlet?param1=08221000-01-1556&query=1&knr=08221000-01&template=101014&save=1&import=1&a=a.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/08 6:01 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
@Akshay

I checked the form you sent, there is nothing in there regarding the Schufa. They just ask if you're registered in the Schuldnerverzeichnis, which is an institution completely different from the Schufa (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuldnerverzeichnis) and they only ask if you're in debt, not if you're Schufa registered.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/08 6:15 PM as a reply to Pankaj Daga.
@NoBody

It is true that SCHUFA is mentioned nowhere in the form.

But, there must be a reason why they ask about your credit/loan/debt......and they must be using SCHUFA to cross-check the applicants detail.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott