Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Driving Licence Material(English)

Toggle
Driving Licence Material(English)
Answer
7/14/06 10:37 AM
Hello,

I'm in the process of getting my original DL converted to a German one. I'm going to be giving the Theory Examination in English. The Fahrschule guy told me that a new preparation book in English would cost 84€. Is this price normal? He also informed me that as of this month, there is an updated book and I should be getting that only. Any of you know any cheaper or better method?

Thanks.

Joshua
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving Licence Material(English)
Answer
7/14/06 4:54 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Do you have to write a theory exam , if you already possess a foreign DL ? Please confirm this. You can go to the local Führerscheinstelle and enquire about this. I think the time limit is 3 years after coming to Germany.
Basically there are two materials which helps you to prepare for theory exam. One is a book , which contains all the rules and information , and then there are some 50 plius 'Fragebogen' or questionnaire, which contains questions that will appear in the theory exam. I dont know the price of these two materials. I think the original fragebogen in english costs around 60 euro .

>>Any of you know any cheaper or better method?

To be safe it is always better to study from fragebogen. If you can find some one who passed the test recently , they you may borrow the material , or you could buy it second hand. I think some of the members here will have a used one ready to sale. But do not buy a material that is too old. The last publishing date for Vogel material was in 2004.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/06 5:18 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Yes, I need to write a Theory exam. Thanks for the info.

Joshua
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 4:26 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Hey Joshua

I recently got my German Driving Lisence. I had to sit for the Exam both written and Practical. The Fragebogen or the Learning material in english should not cost more than 40 euros. I remember paying a little more than 37.00 Euros for the Fragebogen. So it could be that your fahrschule is trying to cheat you with the extra price of Euros 84. Check with other fahrschule in your area.

Good Luck

Mr Mani
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 5:02 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Mr. Mani,

Thanks for information. That helps quite a bit.

Joshua
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 5:31 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
If 84 Euro is the total price for both Fragebogen and Lehrbuch , it may be the correct price. Else it must too high as told by Mani.
It could also possible to go to the local 'Vogel' outlet and buy the book yourself. And you could try with any bookshop for that matter. If not available , you can always 'bestellen' it through them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 5:56 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Well i have no knowledge of the Lehrbuch, I just used the Fragebogen (Euro 37.00)to prepare for the exam...just practice it well dont need any thing else.

MrMani
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 6:03 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Hi,

I just used the fragebogen (test papers) from Vogel with the guarantee that there will not be any questions asked in the exam outside this 60 test papers. Which was true in my case and my friends' cases.

I bought it for €70 few months back. If you are interested in buying it, let me know. The price would be €35+Shipping.

Regards,
xyxyxy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/06 7:43 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
@xyxy??

Can you send me your email address at saviosn at yahoo dot com.

Rgds
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/06 11:30 AM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
Hi,

I also got theory test material in 60 Euro last year and it was expensive as compared to german one. Also the fee for theory exam is more. In german language it is 10 euro while in English it is 30 euro.
Following sites are also good.

http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att.net/regeln.htm
http://www.fahrschule.de/

Theory test is one-to-one as the you get in the pratice material.

Advice: If you do not want pardon me;

1. Donot make any mistake in theory exams. 0 failure points. Maximum failure are 10 points. No 2 questions of 5 marks should be wrong.

2. Follow the instructions of your driving teacher. sometimes following them looks rediculous, but it adds value when you go for praticle exam. The prüfer records each and every move of learner driver. I missed such suggestions in the beginning and I had to bind-up in second attempt.

3. I had good experience of driving in New Delhi for 5 years. but this did not count at all.

4. Learning with cool head and without temprament but with positive attitude, it will be much faster.

I wish you all the best and hope you will get german driver licence soon in first attempt.

Best regards
BS
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/06 4:25 PM as a reply to Joshua SJ.
@bs3511

That's some real good information there. Thanks a ton.

Regards,

Joshua
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3