Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

working in poland with EG status

Toggle
working in poland with EG status
Answer
9/8/08 4:48 PM
Hi

I am a freelance consultant tax country is Germany.I got an offer in poland 3 months project work,is it legal to work with my D-EG ?

any suggestions ?

Thanks
D
0 (0 Votes)

Re: working in poland with EG status
Answer
9/8/08 7:22 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Yes but as the country is in EU and the company not in Germany, you're then not allowed to charge them the 19% Mwst.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 2:21 AM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Thanks D!

Does it mean with D-EG we are eligible to work in all the newly joined schengen country's ?

you're correct i am not allowed to charge them 19% Mwst because they are not in Germany and also i dont have to pay the Mwst cuz i am working out side Germany i guess ?

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 1:29 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
"Does it mean with D-EG we are eligible to work in all the newly joined Schengen country's?", yes.

"I don't have to pay the Mwst cuz i am working out side Germany i guess?", correct but you still have to do the monthly tax declaration and you have to mention what you received in a particular case which doesn't calculate the Mwst, I will need to check one of my old declaration to let you know which one.

And at the bottom of the bill you will give them, you have to write, under your data and USt-ID, well, let me copy-paste the mail my tax advisor sent me back in the days, just found it in my mailbox.

Auf ihrer Rechnung sollte jedoch neben ihrer Steuernummer auch die Steuernummer des ausländischen Unternehmens stehen (Steuernummer oder Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer) und der Vermerk, dass 'Gemäß § 13 b Umsatzsteuergesetz die Steuerschuldnerschaft auf den Leistungsempfänger übergeht.'
In ihren Umsatzsteuer-Voranmeldungen tragen sie diese Umsätze in der Zeile 41 Nummer 60 'Steuerpflichtige Umsätze im Sinne des § 13b Abs. 1 Satz 1 Nr. 1 bis 5 UStG, für die der Leistungsempfänger die Steuer schuldet' ein.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 3:22 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
Hi D,

Thanks for the clarification!

when we have to work as freelance consultant in Polland,Holland...or any schengen country's with D-EG do we have to inform the local labour office ? ofcource residing and paying tax in Germany.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/08 6:18 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
"When we have to work as freelance consultant in Polland, Holland...or any schengen country's with D-EG do we have to inform the local labour office ?", no idea, I never did, it's like you telling me that I have to see the local authorities in a country I'm allowed to go in order to tell them I'm there.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/08 4:45 PM as a reply to Vin Ric.
My understanding on the topic is that if you are e EU citizen ,you can basically work in all the places you said without informing any authority about it first.

But if you are a Non-EU citizen ..say an American / Indian ,you would have to do this as each country still has its own regulations as to which NON EU-Citizens to allow to work in their country.

The best agency to ask though is Auslands Vermittlung Department of the Arbeitsagentur (A special division for finding German residents jobs abroad during their Arbeitslos phase).

Alternatively the embassy will be able to direct your to the right body in their country who will let you know the rules.

Infact the sad thing for a Third country national like us (as I found recently) is that even with the new EU Aufenthalt ,there are only limited countries in EU that you have a right to take up a Contract / Permanent Employment in ,without seeking a permit for it.eg:Sweden

Anyone has seen things happening differently ,do please enlighten us. Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott