Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Strange Laws in Germany

Toggle
Strange Laws in Germany
Answer
12/8/05 6:46 PM
One of my friends have applied for NE last week. But they say that even though husband gets the NE, wife and child are not eligible for it and they also should be in Germany for 5 years to get it, which is very different from that in US where, when husband gets Green card or citizenship, wife and children automatically get it.

And in case of paying taxes, when both wife and husband are working, then they have to change their tax classes, because you are wife and husband. And this wife and husband concept doesnt apply in case of NE.

This is very strange and confusing !!!
It is as if they change and frame rules according to their convinience and profit.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Strange Laws in Germany
Answer
12/8/05 8:17 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
But they say that even though husband gets the NE, wife and child are not eligible for it and they also should be in Germany for 5 years to get it, which is very different from that in US where, when husband gets Green card or citizenship, wife and children automatically get it, Germany is not US, that you should have know, it's not because they're friends countries that they have to act the same. The wife is eligible for NE only if she's here for at least 5 years, kids too.
If your friend got NE, his wife will receive an extension to her visa for the time remaining for her to be eligible for NE, that's as simple as that and I really see no pbm with that. And his kids will receive an extension of visa until their 16th b-day, which is also not a pbm IMO, because at that time, they can decide for a NE or a citizenship, if the parents didn't decide for them before.

And in case of paying taxes, when both wife and husband are working, then they have to change their tax classes, because you are wife and husband. And this wife and husband concept doesnt apply in case of NE, taxes and NE are 2 different concepts, so why something applying to one and which doesn't apply to the second is a pbm? And in fact, when both husband and wife are working, they don't need to change their tax classes, they just can accord them to their needs, but they're not obliged to.

It is as if they change and frame rules according to their convinience and profit., which country doesn't make law uniquely for its own profit? Show me one and I'll move there.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18