Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Concerning residence permits

Toggle
Concerning residence permits
Answer
10/18/05 5:48 PM
I realize this might best go under Visa questions, but since the meeting is the day after tomorrow, it's an emergency of sorts.
My question is about my girlfriend. She's a TEFL certified teacher and was offered a job by the Berlin International School. However, she would only be doing part time work with them -does that make it freelance?- and they suggested that any letter from them, would not help in getting her residence permit. Is this true? How likely is she to get her permit without this document?
Are there any other steps we could take?
We have been together for 5 years -does that help?
I'm a student here and will be obtaining my residence permit through my university, is there anything more I can do?
Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

-Shane
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Concerning residence permits
Answer
10/18/05 6:37 PM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
Some details will help in others answering your questions.
Where are u now?
What visa do u have and from when?
What visa does ur gf have?
Which nationality? (becos some nationals can have freelance permit easily)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 1:37 AM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
Sorry for the lack of information, sometimes it's easy to forget stuff like that.
Where are u now? In Berlin -both of us.
What visa do u have and from when? Will be getting my student visa (don't know exact title) next weds.
What visa does ur gf have? none
Which nationality? (becos some nationals can have freelance permit easily) We are Americans

Thanks for the help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 12:52 PM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
Hi shane,
Dont take offense for the question, just that there was not enough information to advice you.
Unfortunately i cant advice you as i have limited knowledge in your regard.

If someone cant answer your questions from this website do visit
http://www.toytownmunich.com/
Maybe you have already visited the above mentioned site, if not it is a very good one with forum members from America and UK with loads of experience. They will be able to guide.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 12:54 PM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
One more thing, do search in the site i mentioned before opening a new thread(saves u from some sarcastic comments ;-).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 1:03 PM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
Americans are handled not that strict in Germany concernig the workpermits. I even recall in some law paragraphs(dont ask me which ones), mentioning that Americans and Israelis are to be handled differently. (meaning that they can be issued WP without labour market check etc) Do check it with your Aliens office.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/05 1:06 PM as a reply to Shane Anderson.
Thanks for all the help.
We went to the meeting and now we're waiting to hear back from the employment department, if there isn't some german who can take her job instead. I think it will work out since we played up the native speaker line as well as the fact that the job needs someone to teach art -which my girlfriend is qualified to do- in a letter to accompany her paperwork.
So yeah, thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18