Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

absence of >6 months due to maternity reasons on a GC

Toggle
Hi

My wife and I are working in germany and both are on GC (for > 1year).
We are expecting a kid and have decided to have the kid in India due to personal reasons. This will mean that she will be out of Germany for > 6 months (approx 7 months). Her company has granted her sick leave/leave without pay for this period.
What implications will this have ? Does she loose her GC ?
Do they note the date of departure when leaving Germany for destinations outside EU ?
what implication will this have for the child - he will have to be on a dependent visa.

I think we have landed ourselves in a tricky situation and any advise on this will help.

Thx and Wish You all a Happy New Year.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: absence of >6 months due to maternity reasons on a GC
Answer
1/1/06 7:36 AM as a reply to Tarun A.
she should visit local immigration office, explain those reasons and apply for a permit to be absent for more than 6 months without loosing her residence permit.

she can try to go without such permit, but i personally would not risk that. if an immigration office finds out in some distant future that such thing was done, they can even revoke a german citizenship ...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/07 4:40 PM as a reply to Tarun A.
Hi

I hope you are still attached to the Trust7. I read your post and I find myself somewhat similar situation. we are expecting a child end October this year and wonder if there is any problem if my wife goes back to india for 5 6 months. What was experience in this regard. was it difficult to get the passport and Visa from india for the new born.
If we have child born in india, will that effect the Kindergeld and elterngeld.

Please reply asap or if you can provide me your number I would like to talk to you in this regard.

Best wishes

hamtum
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/07 1:32 PM as a reply to Tarun A.
Hi,

I exactly went through the same situation.

But even if you get a permission from the local ABH, what abt your child visa. In earlier days you could add the child name in the mothers passport, but now now as per new Passport rules in India , its not possible.
For the child visa you will have to make a reapplication. And it will take the same time as you would need for a normal visa.

My case since we had deregistered we had to reapply for visa for my Wife and child. It took aroung 4 months as initially i had not made application for my Wife. It did click in the end with a Good bill from a lawyer whose services i had taken. I guess the money was worth spend and the lawyer handled everything for me.

So my advise to you is
1) Keep all the docs ready for the passport. So that you do not loose time.
2) Before you recv your childs passport keep the docs ready for the Visa application.
3) Make a regular followups with ABH so that papers are processed faster. If possible take services of lawyers. VPMK did it for me.

Rest is your luck.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/07 8:28 PM as a reply to Tarun A.
I also faced the same situation and after lots of thinking finally decided to have the baby in germany then to have it in india.

If you plan to have it in germany then
1) do register in advance with the hospital
2) regularly get the check up done with gynacologist
3) call your parents in advance to be with you during delivery time.
4) your child will get indian passport from the indian consulate....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/07 3:31 PM as a reply to Tarun A.
Thanks to savion and rockey00 for their replies.

Actually , we will be more then willing to go to india than having baby here.

To make my situation more clear, I am not in GC or NE. I am having a work permit till feb 2007 but that will be extended since i have an open contract.

My wife has Student visa she is studying since 2005. WE got married in 2006 and She hasnt changed her Surname and also we havent changed her visa(I am not sure if it is required).
We are also registered as married in the rathaus and I have changed my class also to 3 successfully.

I dont think she needs to de-register before going to india. If she doesn't need then we might have to look only for passport and visa of our child.

If it takes 2 3 months then its ok, since she is going to stay atleast 2 3 months in India after the baby born anyway.

Savion can you please tell me the process to get new passport for baby and also VISA, what will be required at Embassy.

Since you have gone through this process, Can you please give me your number so that i can contact you over phone , if you don't mind. Or send me email at lilprotakit@googlemail.com

I am really thankful to trust7 and to all users.

hamtum
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18