Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Looking for Attorney

Toggle
Looking for Attorney
Answer
2/9/12 6:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I am in Germany 12 years(came in 2001 with green card) but still without citizenship. I suspect that Auslenderamt makes all effort not to let me to get it, and I want to hire attorney to help me to fight them.

Can you please suggest good attorney which can help? I a living in dusseldorf area.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Looking for Attorney
Answer
2/14/12 2:23 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
First why do you think the Ausländeramt won't "let you get it"? My experience is that the citizenship process in Germany is very fair. Second, hiring an attorney is the wrong strategy IMHO. You should do all the paperwork and interviews, courses, etc. yourself and go to an attorney only in an extreme case where it's clear that your rights are being violated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/14/12 11:03 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
Its absolutly right as mrkermit said. To take a nationality is very fair but sometimes little time taken. There is something in your file which disturbing the related authorities.

If you have been involved in any police case then it takes time or you have unstable job. Just ask them frankly at which stage your fike is hanged on.

Wish you best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/12 12:09 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
The Attorney is probably the wrong idea. You could as well tell us (private mails) what is the reason they are not giving you the citizenship. The ABH always states the reason(s) why they are not granting you with this or that. There is a Law about granting citizenship and there are conditions to be met. If you meet all of them, you will have the citizenship granted, it is a Law, it is not like granting an entrance Visa.
Good Luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/12 3:42 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
HI,

I absolutely agree with you when you say that attorney is not needed, I did all by myslef till the last moment, but unfortunately things are not moving. I have big troubles leaving current citizenship(you know, I have to do it according to German low) I am trying to solve it with my current country, but things are not moving, and it is already 3 years since I started the process, and I do not see how I can quit my current citizenship in forseable future.
I expect that german authorities will undertsand all dificulties around it, but unfortunately this is not the case. So I need jurisdical help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/12 5:23 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
I think it is sufficient to prove that you have been trying to make things move forward for some time and if your host country doesn't make any advances then the citizenship authority might lift this restriction for you. now if you were not in contact with the citizenship authorities during these three years (the Einbürgerungszuschierung does indeed expire after 2 or 3 years I think) and you have no proof in writing that the cause of the problem is from the authorities of your host country then things can get a little bit complicated. in any case hiring an attorney to "fight" for your case will be a painful process. maybe you are right and it's worth to fight for I don't know.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/12 6:32 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
Now it looks like the problem is your country and not Germany or the german! What i know is sometimes that you have to give up your previous citizenship and that is by handing your current passport to german autorithies before getting theirs. I still cannot see why it is not working in your case. Please tell us what is the real issue
Cheers

Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/12 10:00 PM as a reply to Faol faolovich.
If the old citizenship cant be left after a waiting period of 2 years and you have proof for it (example reciepts of sending letters via registered post, answers from embassy), you can get the German citizenship without giving up your current citizenship.

Search §12 StaG on google.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18