Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit for a veterinary?

Work permit for a veterinary?
Answer
6/11/06 11:53 PM
Hello,

I just finished my veterinary studies in Slovakia and I'd like to live and work in Germany. I'm not an EU citizen (I'm an Israeli) but I have a valid job offer in a small animals practice.
I'm trying to figure out what are my chances to get a work permit and how to approach this. I talked to the government office in charge of this issue (can't really remember the name, sorry for that) and they told me that my chances aren't very good but it depends on the location and other internal parameters which only they, obviously, have.

I would like some suggestions of how to approach this. should I first come to Germany, get a place to live in and then apply for the permit or first apply and come only when approved (hopefully!)? Should I use an external help such as a lawyer or a company that does this for a living?

Most important - Is there any way to get a list of highly demanded jobs to see if I fit there somehow? The lady at the local office only gave me the general idea but didn't speak of the chances regarding my occupation.

I'd also like to mention that my boyfriend, with whom I've been living for the past 2 years and have 3 amazing dogs with, has a German passport and would come with me to Germany if we get the permit. I mentioned this at the end because I know the law doesn't have any preferences for boyfriends/girlfriends and we're not planning on getting married right now.

I'd appreciate any help and assistance I could get right now

Thank you very much
Chen
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7