Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue Card collection from local foreign office

Blue Card collection from local foreign office
visa germany spouse visa blue card
Answer
9/8/17 9:11 PM
Hello,

I applied for a bleu card at the embassy of Germany in London. I got a visa for 6 months. The lady working there told me this is temporary and that when I arrive to Hamburg I can collect my bleu card.

After arriving here, I send an email to the local foreign office. They replied saying that I need to "apply" for it. And that I need to bring:
  • Filled application form
  • Passport
  • Biometric passport picture
  • Rental agreement
  • Confirmation of health insurance
  • Salary slips you got in Germany until your appointment.

My qustions are:
  • Does this mean the decision has not been made yet?
  • Can an Airbnb booking (for 3-6 months) be considered as a rental agreement?
  • When I have been interviewed for this position, they told me that they want to keep me permanently, but because in the first year I will be paid by a different funding organisation (but working with this company), I signed a one year only contract. I want to avoid going through this process again after one year. Can a letter from the employer saying that they intend to keep him after the first year be helpful for that purpose?
  • Finally, can my wife apply for worker spouse visa (i.e. family reunion) while I am with this temporary working visa? (because the appointement for the blue card is after 2 months)

Thanks very much in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18