Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Searching for a job?

Toggle
Searching for a job?
Answer
3/29/12 10:54 AM
Hi,

My Husband has got a job in Germany(Regensburg).He is leaving next month.I would be joining him after 6 months on a dependent visa.when i join my husband i would have 1 year 6 months of experience in IT as SAP basis consultant.I have also completed my Level A1 course of German language.I have Few questions, please help-

Below are the concerns:
1) Can i search for a job with a Family reunion visa?

2)How is the Job opportunity for the above experience level?

3)To do a part time job do i need a work permit?

4)Is it possible to apply for work permit without a offer letter?

5)It would be helpful if i could get some of the good job portal links,so that i could search for jobs from India.

Please help me out. Thank you very much
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Searching for a job?
Answer
3/29/12 3:10 PM as a reply to Sowmya Vasudeva.
It depends on what kind of residence/work permit your spouse is having. is he going with a permanent residenship (Niederlassungserlaubnis) or regular residence/work permit bounded with the employer?

1) Can i search for a job with a Family reunion visa?

You can search. not an issue. but if your spouse visa is not entitled with work permit, then you should apply for a work permit with a job offer letter. In some cities, they process it and in some cities,they dont saying that the spouse has to live 1 or 2 years to get the work permit.
But no harm in trying.

2)How is the Job opportunity for the above experience level?

I don't know exactly. However in general, IT or SAP is in demand only.

3)To do a part time job do i need a work permit?

Yes

4)Is it possible to apply for work permit without a offer letter?

As I told, you will automatically get a work permit after 1 year or 2 yrs of stay with your spouse in Germany. But right away, you may not get if he doesnot have PR. So you need a job offer letter in order to apply for work permit and try your luck.

5)It would be helpful if i could get some of the good job portal links,so that i could search for jobs from India.

monster dot de
jobpilot dot de
stepstone dot de
to name a few...

if you plan to look for a job in Germany, try to continue your German language learning. will be helpful.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18