Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Spouse Workpermit

Toggle
Spouse Workpermit
Answer
11/10/09 4:36 PM
Dear all,
I was a scholarship holder for the last two years to study in hannover university in Germany and my wife is with me for the last two years having a family reunion visa. We both used to have a 90 days full time work permit.
Now I continue my study to phd here in Germany and when we extend our visa, they didn't allow her to work. And my extended visa also allow me to work in the university only. And unfortunately she has got an admission to study in jacobs university. Can anybody help me to explain what really the law says? Is it not possible for her to get a work permit like the previous one? whom I shall to contact? Is it possible to change her visa type to a student visa without going back to our country and apply again?
Your help is much appreciated and Thank you
DG
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Workpermit
Answer
11/11/09 2:41 AM as a reply to Dawit g.
Hi,

Is it possible to change her visa type to a student visa without going back to our country?

Ans: You can get a student in DE itself and not required to make it in home country.

Is it not possible for her to get a work permit like the previous one?

Ans: A student visa or a student will have Work permit for 90 days.

This answer is based on my experience but not a legal advice.

Regards,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/09 7:05 PM as a reply to Dawit g.
Hi Akil2k9
Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me how to change it in detail?
I really appreciate your help
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/09 8:51 PM as a reply to Dawit g.
Hi,

Once you have your admission at hand then you can go to the AA along with the health insurance and change the status.

Rgds,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/09 4:36 AM as a reply to Dawit g.
Hi,

I got to know from my lawyer and from this section(§ 29 family members of foreigners) that the spouse can not start his/her work until 2 years of legal stay in germany.

How can you justify this??

Regards,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/09 3:57 PM as a reply to Dawit g.
I heard some news that some people are applying for jobs even before 2 yrs of stay in germany. Can anybody comment on it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/09 6:44 PM as a reply to Dawit g.
@msreddy:

I heard some news that some people are applying for jobs even before 2 yrs of stay in germany. Can anybody comment on it

You can apply for jobs even before you land or on the day you land in Germany. But, it is on the company's discretion if they want to take you or not. If the company decides to offer you a job then they have to sponsor your visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott