Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship After 6 Years

Toggle
Citizenship After 6 Years
Answer
8/30/17 1:20 PM
Greetings,

I have an appointment at my local EBH (Einbürgerungsbehörde) to get some advice, but it's not for nearly half a year since they're so busy. I was hoping someone here could provide me with some insight regarding "early" citizenship before then.

In order for it to be granted in my state, the applicant is required to prove "besondere Integrationsleistungen"- proving you are extremely well integrated (especially with multiple years of community service).

Here is a list of things I have/will have achieved by then that might reflect positively on my application (as a non-EU foreigner):

1. M.A. degree magna cum laude from German university
2. B.A. in Germanistik from non-German university
3. C2 language certificate
4. Passing grade on the test "Das Leben in Deutschland"
5. 1 year of regular community service in a large organization
6. Ausbildung completed for said community service organization
7. Membership in a German martial arts club
8. Permanent work contract in civil service
9: Reason for applying for citizenship: Joining the Bundeswehr

Because I will have only had 1 year of community service by then, I worry my application might be rejected. I received an e-mail from a worker at the EBH who highlighted "mehrjährig" in regards to the community service portion of the law regarding early citizenship. It is very open to interpretation; however, they said it is usually a deciding factor.

Has anyone here been through this process or know anything about it?

Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Citizenship After 6 Years
Answer
8/30/17 2:53 PM as a reply to Jennifer.
Jennifer:
Greetings,

I have an appointment at my local EBH (Einbürgerungsbehörde) to get some advice, but it's not for nearly half a year since they're so busy. I was hoping someone here could provide me with some insight regarding "early" citizenship before then.

In order for it to be granted in my state, the applicant is required to prove "besondere Integrationsleistungen"- proving you are extremely well integrated (especially with multiple years of community service).

Here is a list of things I have/will have achieved by then that might reflect positively on my application (as a non-EU foreigner):

Because I will have only had 1 year of community service by then, I worry my application might be rejected. I received an e-mail from a worker at the EBH who highlighted "mehrjährig" in regards to the community service portion of the law regarding early citizenship. It is very open to interpretation; however, they said it is usually a deciding factor.

Thank you!
Hi Jennifer,

I came to Germany in October 2004 from a non-EU country, did my Masters in Germany and since 2006 holding a permamnent position in a mid-sized company in Hessen. In May 2011, i went to my local Einbürgerungsbehörde (EBH) to inquire about my chances and the Beamter said usually its after 8 years and with Integration Course its reduced to 7 years (Einbürgerung nach Anspruch §10). But there is a discreationary Naturalization (Ermessens Einbürgerung §8.x.x.x) and under certain cases even after 6 years one can apply for Citizenship. In my case it was 6.5 yrs back than and within three weeks i received my "Einbürgerungszusicherung". I didnt do any integration course and I was also exempted from Zertifikat Deutsch B1, as the Beamter said that I have done my Masters from a German University. (Although I informed EBH that the medium of instruction was english, but i guess that I had sufficient German language skills). All in all, I believe people in EBH are really friendly as compared to Aussländerbehörde.

So just from my experience, i would like to recommend you and all the people in similar position to please go and talk to your concerned EBH (not Aussländerbehörde). Everyone has the right to information in Germany. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards, Raj++

P.S: by the time i applied for naturalization, i have already paid 48 months in Socialversicherung Kasse.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Citizenship After 6 Years
Answer
9/6/17 7:16 PM as a reply to Jennifer.
Jennifer:
Greetings,

Thank you!
Hallo Jennifer,

In general you got a very good chances to get the Ermesseneinbürgerung. If you want to relax and get some legitimate info before you visit the EBH, you can try to check the open queries at http://www.frag-einen-anwalt.de/. If none of them matches to your case, you can post your exact details and get a paid service (around 50 euros). I used the service before and they answered within an hour.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kishore
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3