Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Changing Place of Birth in passport - is it possible?

Toggle
Dear Trust7 Members,

I have a big issue about the wrong place of birth in my passport. It is a big blunder from my side to follow blindly the advice of the people roaming arnd the passport office in my city. When I applied for passport, I have to mention place of birth, native place and residing place. At that time all three were different and the people staying out of the PP office who filled the form said the passport will not be issued and I dint have my birth certificate to prove my point. Now the situation is wrong place of birth (residing place) in pp and the pp was renewed once. Till now i had no issue on this.

Now i want to apply for german citizenship and i had gone thru some threads which states original birth cert is required. I now have the original birth certificate from the city i was born. How can I change the place of birth in my passport.

Kindly let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Changing Place of Birth in passport - is it possible?
Answer
5/16/12 2:06 PM as a reply to karthik ethiraj.
Any suggestion??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/12 4:24 PM as a reply to karthik ethiraj.
Did you ask your question to the indian consulate nearby your place? you can show them your birth certificate as a proof.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/12 3:59 PM as a reply to karthik ethiraj.
the indian consulate can change it when the birth certificate is attested by the ministry of external affairs. Does anyone know any trusted agent in tamilnadu who can take this responsibility in getting the attestation?

In the website of MEA, it is stated that the applicant has to provide a copy of the passport for the attestation of birth certificate. Birth cert n passport copy will be contradicting at the time of attestation and this may be risk as well. Dont know how to proceed. Guide me guys.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Changing Place of Birth in passport - is it possible?
Answer
6/23/16 3:35 PM as a reply to karthik ethiraj.
karthik, 
Were you able to make teh changes in ur passport? I have similar issue and need to go onsite.. Please help
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott