Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Addition of name of spouse in passport

Toggle
Hallo all,

I am Indian and married last year with German girl in Denmark. In Germany our marriage has been accepted and I got sopuse visa and wife changed her name and got new passport and famile book.

Now I want to add my wife name in my Indian passport .I asked embassy and they told that I have to send copy of marrige certificaze, copy of Passport of my wife and fees. I have transfered fees and send the asked document. But they send my passport back by asking that the marriage certificaze should be attested and marriage photograph also needed which they never told in the beginning. But anyhow I have attested my marrige certificazte from German rathhaus. And for knowing that if they need some more documents I called embassy and asked if they need something more. Now the person is saying attested should be from COnsulate Denmark.

Can you guide me what to do. I wanted to add her name so that she can get Visa or may be PIO for India.

Pls reply!!!
RK
0 (0 Votes)

Need information please!!! Addition of name of spouse in passport
Answer
6/27/09 2:06 AM as a reply to R A.
Hallo People,

Can you pls help me!!!

Rk
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Addition of name of spouse in passport
Answer
6/27/09 2:34 PM as a reply to R A.
Well then do what the consulate people ask you to do. You got married in Denmark because it is easy for you. Now the indian government wants to check the authencity and make some money out of it, so they are asking attestation from Denmark.

>>Can you guide me what to do. I wanted to add her name so that she can get Visa

I dont know why you want to add her name to your passport. It does not have any disadvantage.
i dont find anyproblem in your wife being a german getting a 5 years visa to india.

>>or may be PIO for India.

I dont think she is a PIO.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/09 11:43 AM as a reply to R A.
Just send your original marriage certficate and sum of 100 and something euro (i dont know the exact fee. ring the rathouse in denmark where u got married and ask the fee)to the rathouse in denmark where u got married and get ur marriage certificate attested. it doesnt take long.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/09 10:46 PM as a reply to R A.
Thanks Salina!!

Actually they dont need attestation from Denmark Rathhaus but from Indian Consulate Denmark.

Actually I did not think this would be a problem therefore I wanted to add my wife name. But as this is not so easy for our Indian embassy to accept.

Rk
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18