Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Private KV for wife

Toggle
Private KV for wife
Answer
3/6/08 2:38 PM
Hi all,

Hope some of you can give me an insight on the following issue:

I am since 5.5 yers in Germany and have NE since July 2007. My wife came in January this year to leave with me here. I have private health insurance since 3 years and I earn 46500€ per anum. So my questions are:
- Can I get GKV (Gestzlichekrankenversicherung only for her)? Probably not as she does not work?
- Can I get her PKV (Privatekrankenversicherung) only for the period until she gets a job?
- At the time it seemed taking private health inssurance a wise move but with family it just comes too expensive. Is there a way that I go back to GKV so that my wife, and in future also the kids, get health insurance? (a firend mentioned that might be possible as I get less then 4012€ per month).
- Is it possible that after my wife gets a job and GKV that the kids in the future are insured with her? I think not as they should be inssuered with the one that earns more, or?
- I chaned my tax class from one to 5 and 3. Is that the best option for a married couple where one works and the other not? Is there anything I could have done there?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and tips

- It will take at least half a year until she finds a job and starts working
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Private KV for wife
Answer
3/10/08 4:20 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
Hi all,
Could some of you please give me a tip and opinion on the issues above, it would realy help.

Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Private KV for wife
Answer
3/10/08 9:26 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
Hi,
if you can change back to GKV depends how you changed to private in the first place? Did you sign something saying that you leave GKV forever (forgot how this thing is called in German) ? In this case you have no chance to change to GKV. However if you changed because you earned more than Jahresarbeitsentgeltgrenze in 2004 (I believe it was 46.350) - you should be able to change to GKV if during last 12 months your salary was lower than 47.700.
Regarding insurance for the kids - they must be insured by the insurance of more earning partner. If your wife earns less than you and even is she is in GKV - kids must be insured by your private insurance.
Since your wife does not work now - it must be insured by our private insurance. However it's not a problem to change to GKV - in fact she has no option but to go to GKV if she earns less than 47.000. However if she stops working - she has to be insured with your insurance again and this means new contract unless while she is GKV you pay small amount to the private insurance to keep contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott