Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Internations Schools Vs German Schools

Toggle
Hello Experts,

It would be nice if you can share your opinions on this topic, as it is time for me to start thinking about schooling of my little daughter.

We come from India, like to settle down in Germany, no plan to go back to India. We are not able to take a decision :

1. As many good parents, we are also dreaming of sending our daughter to Harvard one day. So, English is very important.

2. We read & hear very often that German School System is not very good.

3. We have no idea, Compared to the German Syllabus, how better is International Schools' syllabus. Heard that many international Schools have British syllabus, some have US syllabus.

4. We think, it is better if our kid gets opportunities to interact with the local people and involve in the social & cultural activities here. This would be difficult if we send her to International schools, as most of the students there will be foreigners(right?). We live in Frankfurt. We don't want to underestimate the importance of the local contacts she may get in such an important city in the world.

5. Reputed International Schools are very expensive. Cheaper International schools are generally very small, with a few students. Reputed German school OR small & cheap International school ?

please don't divert the topic to some bla bla blas...and type in only serious replies...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Internations Schools Vs German Schools
Answer
10/5/09 11:58 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
>>we are also dreaming of sending our daughter to Harvard one day.>>
Remember one thing that is u have to come out of indian mentallity so --> Give the direction/ help/support in getting her goals but dont force her to set goals directed by u.(i write in short hope u get the point without my explanation)
-------------
Other point.

German system is good.
If she able to get into gymnasium ,she will be likely to do better.

Shift to some better place where there are no gettos and getto life around (schools).
Maybe shift to some place out city.

Being social is a highly highly highly important nomatter where u live so send her to german school its much much better for her life later.

dont focus on english, as she will learn from u later as well in school.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/09 1:46 AM as a reply to gouri maya.
//We come from India, like to settle down in Germany, no plan to go back to India....//

then where is the confusion?? you want to settle dwon here but afriad of sending your daughter to german school. Understand the first priority for your daughter is to take German as her first language, i m sure she can pick english as second and very well. Sending to international schools is not easy task with average salary, if you have enough money then enjoy sending her to internationl school but i see no big advanatge.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 4:44 PM as a reply to gouri maya.
I think the main issue is maybe not the quality of the schools, but how the system works. When your daughter is 9 or 10 a teacher will decide if she is fit to enter in the future to an university. For some people outside germany this sounds insane, for me it is, because when you are 9 you are just a kid and you shouldn't be put to such amount of pressure. So if the teacher recommends your daughter for the gymnasium then she will be alright, but if not, she will be in a world of shit. I understand this is a very difficult decision for you to make.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott