Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

spouse VISA for BE

Toggle
spouse VISA for BE
Answer
7/15/08 6:40 PM
Hi friends,

I am living in Germany since 2003. I hold a BE work permit (Unselbstaendige Beshaeftigung uneingeschraenkt erlaubt). I got married last year and my wife is living with me since November 2007. My question is, shouldn't my wife get the same status as I do? Currently she has residence permit with "erwerbstaetigkeit nicht gestattet".
I read somewhere that normally the spouse gets the same rights as a foreigner(auslander in Germany) whom he/she married.
Thanks and regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: spouse VISA for BE
Answer
7/16/08 4:13 PM as a reply to Suhas Jawale.
Hello all,
is it so that when one has a BE, then the spouse is also entitled to work? And that if one gets NE, then the spouse is no longer entitled to work?

Hope the trust7 experts shed some light on this issue!!!

Thanx.

Regards,
Monty
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/17/08 7:19 PM as a reply to Suhas Jawale.
I am in the same situation.

I've been here since 2004 and have BE now.
My wife is here since february 2008 and received an AE with "Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet".

I tried to communicate with people from AA but their response was that since I cannot work as a freelancer, this means that I am not "uneingeschränkt auf dem Arbeitsmarkt" so my wife gets this Nebensatz and is not allowed to work.

I was not convinced at all, but I don't know what to do about it now.

Any help from some experienced members would be appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/08 3:35 PM as a reply to Suhas Jawale.
what i know is:
dependent will get work permit after one year stay in Germany. (if she is having a job offer).
but i dont have any links to show you this law, somewhere i read in this forum.

srinu
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18