Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Kündigung, NE please help!

Toggle
Kündigung, NE please help!
Answer
3/14/09 7:25 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for all the information in your website. I have read the FAQs but it would be nice to hear your suggestions.

I have been living and working in Germany since Feb 2004. I moved last year to Hannover to a new job and got a company dependent residence permit with the clause "die Aufenthaltserlaubnis erlischt bei Bezug von Sozialleistungen für sich oder unterhlatsberechtigte Familienangehörige"emoticon

Since I completed my 5 years stay here, I got an appointment for 26th march for my NE. Due to economic conditions my company fired me and large number of employees suddenly!!

I have two months notice period till May 31st.
I am searching hard for jobs, but what do I do from the visa standpoint.

1. What happens to my NE if I go ahead and apply, attend the interview do I have any chance of getting it...

2. Should I register with Arbeitsamt, I have the clause that I will not get social assistance...

3. Can I ask for the Rathaus to extend my stay here? How much extension can I ask for?I have been paying taxes for 5 years so I feel its unfair if they deny me my Arbeitslosgeld.

I have also had a look at the other posts and lawyers vpmk. Should I try to contact them for assistance. I have a Lawyer insurance (Rechtschutz Versicherung) but is it valid for Immigration cases?

It would be of great help if anybody can provide some advice and assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Kündigung, NE please help!
Answer
3/14/09 7:55 PM as a reply to Vijay Lakshminarayanan.
Hi

1. They usually ask for a "Arbeitsbescheinigung". The chances are high, that they ask for it in your case too.

2. ALG-I is not really social assistance. It is an unemployment insurance. But you may need to defend this stand of point. Do some search about the differences of ALG1 and ALG2 to be able to defend your case.

3. The decision is at their discretion but the chances are high that you get an extension for your ALG-1 period that is 1 year in your case.

Your lawyer insurance probably does not cover such issues. But read the insurance contract again, as it should be stated there.

It is really unfortunate that you got fired before getting NE.

Good luck !

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/09 1:07 PM as a reply to Vijay Lakshminarayanan.
Lacrima Thanks for the quick and informative feedback! Yeah it sux emoticon Just when I thought I am getting an NE got fired...

1. Yes, I looked at the Auslanderbehörde website, they ask for Arbeitsbescheinigung and Ungekündigte Arbeitsvertrag, so I guess I have no chance of getting NE now emoticon

2.Searched on the web about ALG 1 and ALG 2.
First of all there is confusing usage of ALG 2 and Hartz IV??
It appears the main difference is ALG 1 is applicable if a person has worked for more than a year and its duration is 1 year. I guess I am eligible for ALG 1 since I have continuously worked for 5 years. I will try to find out more about it from my German friends.

3. Wow that would be nice, it would be really useful to get even 6 months assistance. So should I just go to my appointment for NE and tell them about my situation?

Can I also apply to Dienstleistung Firma like Brunel, Adecco etc.?

I checked my insurance contract there is no mention of Ausländer Recht or anything similar in AGB. I will go to the Arbeitsamt tomorrow and register myself. Will let you know what happens...

Vijay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/09 2:02 PM as a reply to Vijay Lakshminarayanan.
Hi

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeitslosengeld_I

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeitslosengeld_II

I hope you can read German..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK