Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

My suggestions to Driving in Italy

Toggle
My suggestions to Driving in Italy
Answer
7/22/10 10:24 PM
Hello Every one,
I have had a strange experience and had to pay huge fine and came to light after experience. I want every one who is going to drive in Italy these detilas.

Especially in towns Florence and Pisa, there are road where unauthorized vehicles are not allowed to go *through* the street. As soon as one foreign/not registered vechicle go *through* it will be captured in fixed cameras and they will send fine to the owner of vechicle in EU. Fine start from 100 euros. The local police have right to send such fines up to one year after the incident.

If one without noticing go through such roads multiple times, they get multiple times that fine. There is no execuse.

In my case, I have received a fine of 106 euro after 6 months of travel.I was going to a tourist center in that street.

They are roads in down town. Not any prohibited area. You would not notice easily. They are alos very normal roads.

If in case either a hotel or park house in that street and we have to stay there, then we need to give us car number to them so that they inform to local police not to send fine. Otherwise, we get it without fail.

Even if you are there for a minutes. does not mind.

So, please be careful when you drive in Italy and notice such lanes and avoid.

Regards,
RK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: My suggestions to Driving in Italy
Answer
7/22/10 11:50 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
thanks for the tips.
I think in that kind of country.
They even want to charge you for breathing the air there. :-D!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/10 11:54 AM as a reply to alien in_de.
Thanks for the info.
Is there any special sign boards for these type of roads and how to identify these roads?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/10 12:11 AM as a reply to alien in_de.
strange!! Last summer i visited italy by car to visit Venice, florens, pisa. I also drove through all tourist places with my car, but didnt get any fine.

i think you did something wrong there!
either you didnt pay toll or didnt buy toll sticker to put on your car.

or perhaps you also drive through pavments/walking streets ;-)

what do you mean by "unauthorised" vhicle?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/10 10:50 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
It is not that I made a mistake of driving on pedestrian path emoticon. At the entrance of the road, there will be a shield with ZTL etc., in square shaped.(ofcourse written in Italien) I am not the only who got punished like that.
There are quite a many around who had this bad experience. One of the forum where I saw people experiencing same problem. FYI:

http://www.digitalvoodoo.de/blog/reisen/teure-strafzettel-aus-florenz-european-municipality-outsourcing-eintreiben-bussgeld-aus-italien.php

If one is aware of this information, definitely we might pay attention but if we don't at all that such thing exist, then obviously we don't really pay attention as a foreigner or guest to that town. As our first priority is to spend timing in visiting places around emoticon.

As mentioned, the roads are in town. On highways (autobahn), we pay toll but not in town to my knowledge. I do bought toll on autobahn. But the above mentioned problem is in town.

"Unauthorized" means: Only registered vechicles are allowed to go through that roads. something similar to bewohner here in Germany. If in case, we have to park in park house of that street or hotel is in that street, we have to give our car numbers to the owners so that they will pass on to their local adminstration and such that ,we are authorized. And we wouldn't get that surprise bills.

You might be lucky or without knowingly you did not passed that street for good.

Here is the example of one road:

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=43.766922,11.262032&daddr=&hl=de&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=43.76741,11.262349&sspn=0.001662,0.003439&ie=UTF8&z=18

Check out in street view.

Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to drop in.

Regards,
RK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/10 10:55 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
BTW, one more note:

The photo they capture is *NOT* from front side of the car but from *BACK*. So, it clarifies also that this is not do with the toll sticker which you might be pasting on wind screen on front side. emoticon! So, it is now clear that it is not to do with Toll.

I learned that in Italy, in that kind of roads, they are not allowed to take photo of car from front side in order not to take driver/co-passenger photo. The administration is allowed on to capture from back part.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/10 3:41 AM as a reply to alien in_de.
sure about taking the photo.
otherwise the divorce rate will be very high down there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/10 1:14 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
looks like "very very" private streets ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/10 1:43 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
Read this article:
http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/driving/traffic_cameras_speeding.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3