Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Deutschkurs and Taxes

Toggle
Deutschkurs and Taxes
Answer
2/25/11 12:51 PM
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to get some money back from taxes related to Deutschkurs. I always thought that we could get that money back as Werbungskosten but from here it seems that is not possible:

http://www.gutefrage.net/frage/kann-man-die-kosten-eines-integrationskurses-steuerlich-geltend-machen

"Die Aufwendungen eines in Deutschland lebenden Ausländers für einen Deutschkurs sind keine vorab entstandenen Werbungskosten oder Sonderausgaben, auch wenn ausreichende Deutschkenntnisse für die Aufnahme einer beruflichen Tätigkeit nützlich sind (BFH-Urteil vom 15.3.2007, VI R 14/04, BFH/NV 2007 S. 1561)."

I don't know if the Arbeitgeber has a way to get that money back from taxes if he/she pays the course.

I would like to know your experience about this.

Thanks,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Deutschkurs and Taxes
Answer
3/31/11 12:47 AM as a reply to Alex I.
I have tried couple of years ago, but got rejected.

The key is that you prove somehow that you are paying more taxes (i.e. your salary has increased) because you took the course. Bescheinigung from your employer is not enough, your taxes due have to go up.

On the other hand my wife managed to deduct all the expenses for finishing her studies abroad (plane tickets, scholarship, everything) because she got the job in Germany that same year, so she stared paying tax.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott