Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

getting the eu settlement permit

getting the eu settlement permit
Answer
8/6/17 12:02 AM
Hi all, I am a Turkish citizen working in Germany.  I came to Germany with Blue Card and it has been 33 months already.  Next month I will apply for German Settlement Permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis).  I am looking forward to this, because once I have the German Settlement Permit, next step will be the EU
Settlement Permit, which I can apply after two years (November 2019).  
Recently I got a job offer from Austria.  My first question is, if I decide to move to Austria and start
working there, can I still get the EU Settlement Permit in two years (November 2019)? Or does it start to count from the begining (That would mean another 5 years more to get Eu setllement permit)?  Second question;  at this point does it make sense for me to apply for Niederlassungserlaubnis in Germany, since I will be moving to Austria?  Is it better to go to Austria with Blue card?  What would be the difference? In short, most important thing for me is to get freedom of employment within EU as quick as possible.  I am looking forward to hear your advices.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3