Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Confused between EG and NE

Toggle
Confused between EG and NE
Answer
7/17/10 3:30 PM
Hi,

I am not able to differentiate between EG and NE. I received a letter from concerned person from ABH which says:

1. Since "Studiezeit ist halb anrechenbar" (Student time is considered half) that's why I should visit him later for EG.
2. Due to "§ 104 Abs. 2 AufenthG nicht anrechenbar" I should apply and for NE later. I searched for this thing and it says 60 months thing is not valid for me as I came to Germany before 2005, then why am I asked to fulfill this condition and that to for EG and not for NE

My visa is valid till April next year and in September 2010, I will complete 60 months in Germany (Studienzeit/2 + employment time). For which visa I should apply first and when?

Secondly, I am confused if this is the way it is calculated, then why I was asked for my Renteverlauf (time during which I paid my Renteversicherung), just to cross-check?

Can someone help here please.

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Confused between EG and NE
Answer
7/17/10 10:40 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I think, the correct one is Daueraufenthalt-EG and NE.

may be you are confuse between them, both are unlimited residence permits and the only difference between them is that NE is local version (valid only for Germany) and Daueraufenthalt-EG is valid EU wide (excluding Switzerland, UK and Ireland).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/10 8:41 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Ok but what about 60 months and Renteversicherung condition? I mean, for which purpose one has to fulfill it? For EG or for NE?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/10 8:49 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Applicable for both NE and NE-EG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/10 5:40 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Aufenthaltsgesetz, §9, Absatz 2 Satz 3 says you need 60 months pension for Niederlassungserlaubnis

Aufenthaltsgesetz, §9a DOESNOT say that you need 60 months pension for Daueraufenthalt-EG, just 60 months legal stay.

Maybe the above info will help you a bit. I think our WIKI section needs correction:
http://trust7faq.wik.is/Visa/Daueraufenthalt_EG (bottom)

I have a question now. For the spouse of a guy having Dauer-EG, is it possible for her to apply for NE/Dauer-EG if she hasnt paid 60 Rente?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/10 6:02 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi
would like to share my experience with NE and DE-EG.
i approached Landratsamt München to apply for DE-EG. I submitted an application for DE-EG since I felt that there was no difference in the prerequisites of NE and DE-EG.

however,the Beamtin asked me to provide 60 months RV Beitrage proof if i wanted to apply for DE-EG which is not compulsory for NE since I came to Germany in 2003 itself. they consider 50% of study time in caculating the 60 months during which I have not paid RV.

so now i applied for NE and waiting for their call.

so frm my experience at LRA München,
for NE 60 months RV is not compulsory if you came to Germany before 01.01.2005
but for DE-EG,60 months of RV is compulsory irrespective of your erste einreise.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/10 12:16 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi rvkvaradhu,

Thanks for information you shared. Now I can atleast differentiate between the two.

To Fred, spouse will get the same work-permit as of his/her partner in German has but I do not think that it is true for EG too because in ABH in Bayern I was told that my wife could also apply to extend her residence permit for 2 years when I apply for EG.

Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/10 4:46 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I can also confirm that what rvkvaradhu wrote is also valid in Köln.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott