Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

can i start my own business

Toggle
can i start my own business
Answer
4/21/05 3:55 PM
hai dear friends,
today i got my visa for 2 years, in that it stated ``Erwerbstatigkeit gestattet``.
with this visa can i start my own business.
thank you,
with love,
indogerman
0 (0 Votes)

Re: can i start my own business
Answer
4/21/05 6:57 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
Yes you can, but pay attention on how you will, German people are complicated some times, I'm still fighting to get my own starting here and it's one problem after another.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 1:00 AM as a reply to raju khanna.
Hi :-)

my observation for the past 5 years in Bavaria has been that the only foreigner group that are sucessful in their business are the turkish ones with their doener shops, germans seem to like doener. Or of course other service oriented businesses, like hair cutter, fruits shops, cleaning business and etc. NO High Tech.

This is not meant as an offense or a joke.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 12:07 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
@JJ

Don´t forget Car Sales branch. This is ABSOLUTELY NO service oriented and the men do the things quite good!

By the way, do you plan to go to Berlin on may? I would like to hear your acids opinions from the first hand.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 1:29 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
@YO

well sorry I won't be coming to Berlin, altough I would love too. It is simply too far for me. I am leaving Germany after almost 5 years, it has been an experience for my family and me, an interessting one :-)

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 1:37 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
hai dear friends,
your opinions on starting the business in germany are right. here i observed a lot of indians (punjabis), atmost they have restaurants, pizza corners, cloth business and some in telecafe business.
ya this is absolutely right it is not so easy in other fields.we can do only in such feilds bcoz most of the germans dont like do this.but one thing is correct in this business you need less capital and get a lot of profit(at most they dont pay right tax).eventhough we do white collar jobs, we are slaves of others.this is my personal opinion and i will not say each and everybody start a pizzeria but friends please think and be the masters not the slaves.please use the advantage of being in germany.
o.k, friends thanks for the replies,
have a nice day,
indogerman
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/17/05 6:58 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
this may be too late to reply in this forum, anyway, it sounds surprising that one can start his own buisness with NE or ArbErl mentioning "Erwerbstatigkeit gestattet". Is it true? which rule supports it, where it's mentioned? Doesit mean one can open a small food shop etc, I donot think this is possible, my thinking is that it needs may be some more procedure to be followed? anyone sure about the rules etc pl. tell me!
Thanks!
shub21
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/17/05 7:12 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
@shub21

there's a difference between starting a business and having the right to start a business.
For sure, to open one, procedures are needed and need to to followed but having the right is given to you with both a NE or a EG.

The rule supporting it is all in the meaning, as EG roughly means "gainful employment allowed", that means, every employment which can bring you money is allowed to you.

Remember "having the right" and "making the right in effect" is 2 different things. See, I do have an EG, so I have the right to start my own business, but just don't want to do it down here.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/17/05 9:12 PM as a reply to raju khanna.
"Hi
my observation for the past 5 years in Bavaria has been that the only foreigner group that are sucessful in their business"

+ polish tilers
+ high-tech: daughter companies of "business partners" of top corporations that supply slaves for participation in projects

but the observation in general is right. i would even tell more: this concerns majority of germans as well, the ones that do not have any family business. btw this thing was a main reason for a mass immigration in america in the first time. as well as for crusades earlier ;)

in germany everything is shared, for many generations already emoticon

hard jobs with lots of responsibilities are not shared, even when they bring lots of money. politicians would be one really good example, top managment positions as well emoticon

"we can do only in such feilds bcoz most of the germans dont like do this."

or cannot, but would like to have a thing, a thing that is not dangerous as well. indian restaurants, italian pizza corners or turkish doener shops will be good examples. they are not dangerous at all: small businesses that bring just enough money for the living expenses of 1 family emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott