Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Pension
Answer
2/14/10 6:07 AM
Hello All,

Its been just over two years that we left Germany and currently living in Canada.Would like to apply for my pension refunds for which i am going to the german embassy this monday which is 15th feb 2010.I was just wondering how long does the whole process take untill i get back that money could anyone of you who already went through this situation through some light...plssssss

panna
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pension
Answer
2/15/10 3:51 AM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
Hi,

I understand that you are applying for "tax returns"!

Let me know if this is about tax returns so that I can suggest you upon my experience.

Rgds,
Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/10 11:12 AM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
According to my information's Germany and Canada has agreement regarding pension, i am not sure whether you will get back your pension money or not. May be, you get a option to transfer your pension from Germany to Canada. Of course, you will get best information from Germany Embassy there.

@ Akil: He is talking about Pension (Rente), not tax returns.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/10 11:45 AM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
@UMTS11

you said it all, its 99.99% correct.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/10 2:43 AM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
Hi subhir,umts and akil thanks for the replies.

Akil i am enquiring about rente would like to get info from you as you seem to have personal exp.

umts i was wondering....how can the rente be trasnfered i was not a citizen of germany....
and i m not even a citizen of canada....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/10 1:05 PM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
Maybe this page can help you...
www.rohdewald-consulting/introduction/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/16/10 5:11 PM as a reply to koppala kalpana karthik.
Citizens of Canada can claim back their contributions paid to the German Pension fund, if:

-they have paid less than 60 months for the German pension fund
-they are currently not staying in the EU
-the last time they have been insured in the German pension fund is more than 24 months ago

For citizens of other countries might be other rules valid...you can find more information about refund of pension insurance contributions at my website:

http://www.german-tax-back.com

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3