Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Shipping!

Toggle
Shipping!
Answer
11/11/04 12:10 PM
Hello all,

I have posted a message regarding cheapest shipping to Other countries from Germany. Finally I found one firm which is offering very good rates. www.tci-logistics.com . I hope this helps to many people to ship their household or some other goods to their countries.

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Shipping!
Answer
11/11/04 1:45 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Srikanth, can you tell me to which, place you are migrating to? US or India?

thanks!
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/04 5:00 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
To US

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/04 6:35 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
that's ok!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 9:29 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Can you please give an example of the costs you encountered from DE to US?
What port of departure DE and which to arrive in US? (New York?)

I am planning to go from US to DE and may wish to contact them if the rates are good.
My next "battle" is to get my stuff from Minnesota to ? the port town.

Thanks for the heads up.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 3:40 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Michael,

From Hamburg to NYC port costs me 180 Euros.. from my place to Hamburg road transport costs me 100 Euro.. so together i payed 280 Euro for whole transportation and other paper work for 1 cubic meter... you can put about 300 kgs in this 1 cubic meter... We have to pack everything...

But otherside you have lots of other scope to send goods from USA..

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 3:42 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Nitin,

Instead of uploading actors photos, why don't you upload your own photo?!!!

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 5:26 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Like me!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 7:01 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Guys,

UPS is also a very good company. They pack every thing from your source house and unpack every thing to your destination house without any extra cost.
This service is best if you have lot to shift.

It may not be the best (cheapest) service between Germany and India, but Germany and US is quite impressive. One friend of mine used it.

Cheers,
T7
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/04 3:29 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hello T7,

Please get me the details. I have contacted UPS also but their quote is very expensive.. i have contacted about 500 agencies in Germany as well as in Rotterdam even in France tooo.. lots of survey.. so after finding all these offers I have chosen TCI-Logistics as cheapest one.. of course they will also do packing but it costs some(not a small amount), if we have time Y to waste money on packing etc...

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/04 11:58 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Thank you Srikanth!
That is VERY helpful Info.
The prices you got ARE very very good!
I think I'll choose to use Tci-Logistics also.
Question: Did you use a wooden crate, or heavily reinforced cardboard boxes?

From Minneapolis, Minnesota to NYC is what I must research next. My thoughts are that I will pack several smaller card board cartons and see if I can get a very cheap price from NYC to Hamburg.
The truck freight costs from Minneapolis to NYC could be as much as NYC to hamburg (I don't know why- maybe labor costs).

I have alot of stuff I may not wish to get rid of, and I am looking into the costs of a small container. The problem I think with that is that I will need a truck there to unload into at the dock...maybe not such a good idea cost wise.

What do you think? Small boxes are probably easier for the shipping Co.s because they can stuff partially empty containers with them.

HEY EVERYONE...UPS IS VEY,VERY, expensive no matter which way. DHL was much better per pound..IE: 100lbs = 298.00 USD to stuttgart from Minnesota vs. 427.00 USD for the same!

TCI is much a better choice!

Mike
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 12:41 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi,

I have used good and strong cardboards to ship my luggage.. i bought them from movers and packers.. normally you don't get these kind of material in normal shops. So try to contact your nearest Movers and Packers(M&P). It may costs about 10 Euro per box.. but very strong.. once you finish packing you have to cover with some plastic covers.. even you can get these things from same M&P. Try to find some more info from this site also.. it may be useful for you.

http://www.discount-shipping.net

btw., this TCI has air cargo also, they are also very cheap compared to UPS or DHL.. so just contact them.. if it helps to save some of your money, then my posting is very useful & I will be very happy that I could able to help one guy(atleast!).

You are right transportation (or labour) costs very expensive in USA.. hence I told them I will pick the luggage from port. Normally your goods will reach within 10 days to your destination.. very fast isn't it? Other shipping companies r telling it may take about 1 month..

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 5:09 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Instead of uploading actors photos, why don't you upload your own photo?!!!

why not? he is my cousin and I like him very much and he look far better than me. I know you guys are confused with names actually we both were born almost same time and surprisingly we got same names from our parents. this isn't that funny!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 6:57 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Thank You for the very helpful Info Srikanth!
I will be using them when the time comes...now back the the dreaded Job serach/hunting task!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott