Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Student Visa Question for GC

Toggle
Student Visa Question for GC
Answer
8/2/06 12:02 AM
Respected Trust7 members,

I am from India currently working as IT professional in Frankfurt/Main since 2004.

My visa is under section §18 with further explanation BeschV § 27,1 as IT-Fachkrafte and is binded to company.

I want to do Masters degree in IT.

Does GC holder need permission from ABH for further studies.?

What is the precedure for visa status change.?

Waiting for your sincere advice.

Regards

Rikudost
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Student Visa Question for GC
Answer
8/2/06 12:46 PM as a reply to Riku Dost.
Hi Rikudost,
The key question is whether you will continue to work during your studies. Is the master course internet-based, weekend-based or after-work-attend-courses alike where you can continue to work full-time ? If that is the case, I dont see any obstacles for you to attend the course. If not, than your visa status may need to be changed and it can be tricky. Is there a clause like "Erlischt mit Beendigung der Tätigkeit" on your residence permit ? such a clause may annul your residence permit automatically if you stop to work.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Student Visa Question for GC
Answer
8/3/06 3:57 AM as a reply to Riku Dost.
Hi Rikudost,

I won't add anything to Lacrima's comments, which are absolutely correct, but I will add my opinions/observations.

In Germany general practice I have seen, is, if you work in a private company, you cannot study in an university, because companies and local authorities do not give that flexibility.

Exceptions are diploma thesis in a private company or maybe being a scientist in an academical institution. Even for a diploma thesis in a private company, a residence permit for academical purposes required in advance. In this aspect, you can lose your IT-ArGV (GC) based residence permit immediately.

Maybe it is not like your home-country. I know that from my origin, Turkey, where a lot of companies allow you work while you are studying. I asked HR in my company here in Germany whether it was possible to study PhD while working, they said NO. I also have a GC, ie. exactly the same clauses you have in your passport.

I have seen some people in UK, who were studying for PhD while working in a private company.

However, you can go to some certificate programmes, like a language course, a technical training, or MBA certificate programme for employee etc, ie. generally in any institution which is not 100% academic.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18