Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Six Months of Job-Seeking Visa and Verpflichtungserklärung

Toggle
Okay this is a bit confusing.. I'm going to apply for the 6-month-job-seeking visa to Germany. There is a required item for visa application, it says "proof of accommodation". I am planning to stay with my close relatives and family friends in Germany during this period. So, as far as I've read on the Internet, people say that it is best to get a "Verpflichtungserklärung (Formal Obligation Letter)" from my relatives..

But when I check Verpflichtungserklärung application form of Hannover Foreigners' Office here, it says only 3 months for the max duration of stay.. So it doesn't cover for 6 months..

So is this a good idea to get a Verpflichtungserklärung for job seeking visa? I am already going to show my bank account to prove i am able to take care of myself financially. But since this "proof of accommodation" thing is in required items, I'm not sure what to do.. Any advice??--
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Six Months of Job-Seeking Visa and Verpflichtungserklärung
Answer
7/22/17 10:45 AM as a reply to ibrahim noldor.
Hi,
you do not need the 'Verpflichtungserklärung'!

Just give the address of your relatives, this should do it.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3