Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Saving a lot of tax this way

Toggle
Saving a lot of tax this way
Answer
11/19/08 12:48 PM
Few days ago i met Mr.Singh who works in a restaurant,during the conversation we talked about the tax and cost of living here.Then he talked about Unterhaltsbescheinigung which is the way to save a lot of tax.I was shocked and surprised.
He made 7 different bank accounts in India with name of his mother,father,sister,grandmother etc and transfers some amount to it regularly.Then fills up the Unterhaltsbescheinigung form and get it stamped by some local lawyer in India paying some Rs 500.He said here they only look for the stamp and for few thousand Euros no one from here makes the verifications in India.This is something which he does for almost 10 years and never got in trouble.
Does anyone knows if the tax authority really does some verification in our home country or only looks for a form with stamp.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Saving a lot of tax this way
Answer
11/19/08 1:56 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
@raj2001

after reading this post, i am now sure that authorities will put a microscope. This is all illegal. Why you stoop to the level of restuarant worker. He might have reasons to do that and in case if he is caught probably he has onthing to lose. Pls dont post illegal suggestions here. Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/08 2:19 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
Well it is true that you can do "Unterhalts" for as many persons as you want. But the rules are changing

1. In the starting one can send money once a year and offset it for the whole year. No proof required
2. 2-3 yrs back one has to send the money quarterly and have to prove with bank statements in india and germany that it is received by the beneficary.
3. Latest requirement is one has to send money monthly for the beneficiary and with bank statements in germany, and bank statements of the beneficiary.

Since the goverment cannot stop completely this tax offset, sure they are closing the loopholes one by one.

And please dont discuss stuffs in a public forum about illegal stuffs. Bigbrother is always watching.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/08 2:39 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
--
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/20/08 1:27 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
"3. Latest requirement is one has to send money monthly for the beneficiary and with bank statements in germany, and bank statements of the beneficiary.", FYI a Western Union receipt is sufficient, that's what I do as I don't trust the banks in my home country.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18