Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

I Deleted the 'Urgent help... ' message!

Toggle
Hi folks,

I just deleted this message with 'Urgent help needed'. I just do not believe in such messages and I do not see any chance to check if it is right or not.

By the way... I was 3 days on a business trip in UK. After work I met I met Alex (aalvarez) for some beers ;-)

I have some news for you, which you will get in a couple of days in a newsletter.

By
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Re: I Deleted the 'Urgent help... ' message!
Answer
7/7/05 1:17 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef and Everyone,

I am really sorry that the post that I made last night confused you. Personally , I know that this is truth and NOT a SCAM. I know this Ragib Hasan personally - though it doesnt prove any of the given points mentioned in the thread.

However - The mail was targetted for Bangladeshi Communities and thats the reason some question came up.

Again - I am sorry if it caused any confusion/trouble for any one of you.

Rhein
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 2:01 PM as a reply to trust7.
good or bad news?
could You shortly say what is it about?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 2:12 PM as a reply to trust7.
Someone called Hridoy was diaginised with Leukomia last week and he has got very short time in hand. Doctors told that he needs to do bone morrow treatment in two weeks. Its expensive - around 60K Euro. This boy is studying in the same university I studied. So - his friends are trying to arrange some financial support for him.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 2:14 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Ahmad,
Though your intentions maybe right the timing is completely wrong!!. You just cant register yourself one day and ask for money from the people next day. Also your request for something like 60,000 Euros is a bit too much to be true.

May god be with your friend

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 2:18 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Raj,

I am sorry if I made everyone confused here.
The posting was initially targetted for US based Bangladesh Community. And they got some good response there. I got a copy and thought may be ppl in Germany can help a bit. Without giving a second thought I just posted ..didnt think about the consequences that might hit back...:-((.

BTB - the time of my registration at trust7.com you can see under my name in the post..:-)

Ahmed
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 2:47 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Ahmed,

Nowadays it is very difficult to help people in need because of unscruplous elements who take advantage of the goodwill of other people. Yes it is my fault that i got confused with the dates!! sorry about that. I am still in the year 2004 (didnt want to get reminded that i am growing older)

Take it in good spirit.

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/05 5:46 PM as a reply to trust7.
sorry ahmed but I asked Detlef!

I do not think this is the place for your help action.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/05 10:37 AM as a reply to trust7.
Upon googling for my name, (that's how I kill time emoticon), I came across this post thread. Since the original post had my name as a contact address, and there seem to be some confusion about the issue, let me clarify this.

I think the original poster sent the original message in good faith, though this probably was NOT the appropriate place to do so. The message was distributed for the Bangladeshi expatriates, and so, sending it here would just create possiblities of suspicion among non-Bangladeshi's who has no means to verify the thing. This is quite reasonable, as the Internet is full of scammers. I myself get more than 1 or 2 Nigerian emails everday, promising me millions of dollars. However, the Bangladeshi readers of this community might have the chance to verify this by going through the Bangladeshi newspapers, Bangladeshi TV channel broadcasts etc. In any case, posting the information here was inappropriate.

By the way, our campaign to raise funds for the ailing Bangladeshi student's bone-marrow transplant has been a success. At the USA, the task was later taken over by a registered US charity, SpaandanB. Here is their campaign page for the issue. (http://spaandanb.org/campaigns/spc/hridoy-fund.html ). The required funds for his treatment has already been raised. More information can be found at http://hridoy.vze.com . With the best wishes and prayers of people around the world, I hope he will survive after his treatment in Singapore.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Detleaf, I'm sorry that the original poster posted the mail here; even if it was done in good faith, there is really no way for non-Bangladeshi's to verify the information. Therefore, posting the message here was wrong, and the questions raised were justified. So, your deletion of the post was a correct thing. In the anonymous world of the Internet, it is better to be cautious.

Thanks

--Ragib Hasan
0 (0 Votes)

Need ------ Driving license exam papers in English
Answer
7/20/05 11:11 AM as a reply to trust7.
Hi all,

I am looking for driving license test papers in english. If you have
them and would be happy in sharing them, then pls let me know.

please let me know what is the price of the material!

Thanks in advance!
Contact me at skgattu@gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3