Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse dependent visa complexity

Alternar
Spouse dependent visa complexity
Respuesta
14/04/10 13:43
Hello Friends and Well Wishers,

I am in Germany from April 2008 on an International employee transfer from an Indian company.
Due to limitation of this VISA, my maximum stay can be uptil March 31st 2011 and has been confirmed by my company as well.
I got married recently and my wife applied for familiy reunion visa from Delhi embassy in Feb end.
My current visa is valid till Sep 14 2010, and will be extended to March 31st 2011, but this will normally happen in July or August.

My wife application file is now in the local Aliens office, initially they requested for a letter from company mentioning that I will for sure stay till 31st March 2011, which we provided.
But today they said, the case look very difficult as I will stay only till March 31st 2011, they will discuss this with Berlin Botschaft and Management and let me know.

They asked me to think on the Alternative for visitor visa. Since visitor is valid for maximum of 3 months, this wont be much help for me as I still have to stay for atleast 11 months more.

I am in tough situation now, leaving the project earlier will affect my carrer and reputation as well.

Looking forward to suggestion and chances from your side.

Many Thanks,
Naresh
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Spouse dependent visa complexity
Respuesta
27/04/10 16:25 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
Hi Experts,
Any pointers will be helpful. The authorities have now file from 6 weeks but they are not taking any decision, which is frustrating.
Is it possible to withdraw the application, since now I want to leave Germany in 2-3 months and in the meantime apply a tourist visa for her.

Thanks,
Naresh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/04/10 11:15 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
i had a similar situation. The requirement for a dependent visa is that you need to have min 6 months of valid visa or a letter from the company.

Forget the visiting visa via Germany as later you may have problems when you want a permanant visa.

The best you can do here is contact a lawyer. This is exaclty i did. my lawyer was Frau Ponert from VPMK. she handles the case pretty well. The only hard part here is they cost around 500-900 euro.

If you can argue with them then its fine else you need to take services from a lawyer.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/04/10 14:04 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
Hi Savion,
Thanks a lot for your reply. So situation is
1. Company is sponsoring my wife visa, and the whole visa work is done by a lawyer company in Germany, hence everything is with Lawyers :-)
2. We already provided the letter from company that my stay will be atleast till March 31st 2011.
3. I have valid visa till Sep 2010, so when my wife applied in Feb, my visa validity was above six month.
4. I am in Germany from March 2008.
But even with all these favorable situation, the alien office is postponing the visa file, without taking any action on it.
And when I talk with them, they mention that its a complicated case, and chances are less.
I dont know what are the rules and reson for that.
Even with lawyer, I am just getting status once in week, that we will get latest status next week.

This is frustating, hence I am planning to leave the project early and invite my wife on visitor visa.

Thanks,
Naresh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
29/04/10 9:44 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
you need to take a lawyer who is working for your interest and not just explains the rules. Else why pay them heavy fee.

About six months , it does not depend on the date you submitted your Application. It depends on the day you are talking to the ABH person. So today if you go to ABH and argue it means from today. its silly but its true.

In my case the woman said that foreigners come to Germany and after they loose their jobs they depend on state help. This is really humiliating, but i swallowed the bitter pill even though i did not get a single penny from the state. In fact the state has my money which i paid for job loss insurance.

The ppl at ABH are right in doing this but they have to seperate the good apples from the bad ones.

Lastly your company is responsible to get your family as you are working for them and they benefit too with your service.

For some culture its ok for husband wife and children to stay seperate but for me it does not work. check out what is most important for you.
+
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
1/05/10 2:47 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
@ npurohit
This is really frustrating. You do not need to go away. Stay here and invite ur wife. Ask the help of a good lawyer.

Also take some insurance like DEVK, that may help you paying the lawyer fee. with the DEVK insurance , you need to pay around 20euro per month.

Some of my friends even invited their parents, when they have got only some 6 months visa. Doesnt matter 6 months or 1 yr, husband and wife should stay together, all country support this.In your case, you have enough time.

All the best,

Suma
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
7/05/10 12:17 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
@sumanair:

In germany spouse visa is always a complexity, I even dont know why the rule of 2 year residence permit is mandatory for getting a spouse visa if an applicant is married in between the period

@npurohit

if they postpones your case, try to apply for german language visa, so that your wife can stay more than 6 months.

i am also trying to bring my wife in such a way ..

my case:

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/spouse_visa_rejected_advice
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/05/10 22:26 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
Hi All,

The ABH here did not approved my wife's visa on the basis that my stay is limited to March 2011.
Now I have decided to leave Germany by end of July, in the meantime try to invite my wife on Visitor visa.

She has appointment with embassy for her Visa after two weeks in Delhi, I came to know that even to get visitor visa is a problem once dependent is rejected.
My wife is Qualified doctor(BPT) but currently is not working due to the change in location after
marriage and uncertainity due to visa situation.

I will appreciate if you can suggest any pointer to convince embassy to provide the VISA. My company will anyways provide full support along with covering letter.

My past experience has made me very skeptical about the whole process.

Thanks,
Naresh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/10 12:28 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
hai naresh,

we had informed during interview as below:
1) inform them clearly that ur wifes visa got rejected due to the exact reason.
2) tell them we had consult the lawyer and he suggested to get vist visa,
3) ur wife should explain them , that she is qualified and provide certificate copies.
4) if she has language certificte of german that it will be good ( since they asked for my wife during the interview)
5) we had shown 5 lakhs bank deposit , and i had also send verflichtsungsklarung.
6) take ADAC insurance certificate and mention in it verflictungsklarung that all documents checked..

hope will do best..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/10 13:52 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
Hi Friend082,

Thanks for your helpful information.
For step 1-4 we are fine.
My Wife have not done any German course,
The insurance we will take from Bajaj Allianz in India and will be as part of the application
I do have enough balance in my bank accoount, but my wife does not have. Is it important that I transfer some money to her account?

Thanks,
Naresh
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/10 18:21 en respuesta a Naresh Purohit.
My Wife have not done any German course, ( if she had done A1 course .ie during her previous application for family reunion visa..if not no need...)
The insurance we will take from Bajaj Allianz in India and will be as part of the application

( deutsch insurance is best since you can get all documents marked in verfligtungkalrung from auslanderbehorde)
I do have enough balance in my bank accoount, but my wife does not have. Is it important that I transfer some money to her account?

you should show amount in wifes account..( becoz of financial matter)
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott