Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage certificate verification timeframe

Hello everyone,

My marriage certificate has been sent by the German Consulate in Dubai to the German Embassy in New Delhi for verification process for my wife's spouse visa. Marriage took place in UP.

Although the German Embassy New Delhi website says this process takes 8-10 weeks (German Consulate in Dubai informed 6-8 weeks), in practice, has anyone on this forum experienced this marriage verification process through the New Delhi Embassy, and how much time did the verification process take place?

Both our passports contain spouses names, my wife is residing in Dubai with me on a spouse visa.

Regards.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Marriage certificate verification timeframe
Antwort
24.04.12 13:16 als Antwort auf Ak.
Normally it takes around 6 weeks but also depends on the third party which embassy has hired for this purpose. Max time for third party from date of receiving the request from embassy and sending back the complete report is one month.you can add another couple of weeks for inter embassy communications.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.05.12 13:00 als Antwort auf Ak.
@deepz2010

You mentioned that max time for the 3rd party to give back report is 4 weeks. Is this something you know from a source?

I had submitted my marriage certificate for my wife's visa application to German Consulate in Dubai on 25th of March. However, only yesterday (16th May) did my mother-in-law receive a call from a person asking for some address proof documents for marriage verification.

What he said next was really infuriating, he asked whether my mother-in-law can visit New Delhi to submit these documents, knowing that she lives in a small city 135 kms away from New Delhi. He also said that although he had visited my in-laws city a few days back, he did not have time to visit them for verification, so he wants us to give him the documents now. My mother-in-law obviously did not agree to go to Delhi and said she can courier the documents, but the person said that he will get back to her for this.

I had not expected that the German Embassy hires such type of people who even after charging us tens of thousands of rupees, do not bother to visit the residence to do the verification. This is worse than even the Sarkari babus who at least provide home service after 'taking' such stupendous amounts.

I really want to complain to the German Embassy about this, but fear that it will only delay my wife's marriage certificate approval further.

Anyone else faced something similar?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.05.12 23:54 als Antwort auf Ak.
Hi Khanakbar

The process is really frustrating and need lot of patience. I was once sent back from embassy just because no. of people in our marriage pic were not sufficient enough as per them to prove that we got married......Anyway I think that prepares you someway to enjoy ur life in Germany and not get irritated with documentation part here.

To answer your question, yes that is the time for agents to work on verification.I knew this from the agent.And that does not start from the day of your application.It starts from the day the agent receives the request( through post in this age of emails,etc) and confirms back to embassy that they have received the request. All other processes before this I believe you are aware.

The agent need to visit your place and do all that verification.But everyone wants things to come to them on platter. I will suggest you to ask your Mother in law to talk to the guy and discuss the problem and difficulty and I think these guys are flexible enough to discuss options.

Also things will start moving at fast pace around 3 months from application as this is timeline embassy normally considers for spouse visa.

There are few other factors which I feel play an important role in timing are the company name, push from company and also the city where u would be coming.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott