Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

TK termination while relocating to India

Toggle
Hi all,

We are planning to relocate to India by the end of May. We are members of Technische Krankenkasse. I want to terminate the TK contact so that there are no problems if I comeback to germany after some time. I went to a nearby office. For closing TK. They explained me two oprions:
1) From India I have to pay around 50 EUR/month. This will allow me to become a member of TK again without any problems.
2) We have to show that we have a similar insurance in India (as TK). They will termnate the TK. With this approach, I can be a member of TK again if I come to Germany after two years.

For me option 2 seems to be fine. However, there is no medical insurence in India like in germany. My potential employer will cover our medical costs for major issues. This is offered by almost all Indian companies. Therefore, I dont see a need for a special medical insurence.

How should I proceed? Please share your experiences.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: TK termination while relocating to India
Answer
4/19/12 2:25 PM as a reply to Anil Thurimella.
Hi,

First of all you are a part of this TK insurance and you contribute only 50% of the premium and the other 50% comes from your employer.

You can just inform them that you are leaving the country and would require them to cancel your insurance. That should do.

What you have informed is quite new to me. If that stands then, in India normally companies pro vide insurance like TTK, and when you relocate to Germany in future just take a letter from this provider that you were insured with the company and that should suffice.

Cheers. Maddy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18