Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dilemma for swiss job

Dilemma for swiss job
Answer
5/20/11 1:04 PM
Hi All,

I have DE-EG and I have confirmed job offer in Switzerland. For getting appropriate visa i have to let my employer know if i want to live in german border, in this case my employer and i have to apply for commuter visa or want to live in switzerland, in this case a work permit needs to be applied.

As i have german DE-EG and living in germany from 6.5 years, so in two years i will be eligible for german citizenship and for this reason i believe it is better to live in german border. but i am sure only living in germany will not suffice and i have to fulfill other requirments(tax, social, etc.) in germany for which i am not fully aware.

Can someone help me here and let me know what things i have to consider before i sign the contract with my swiss employer with commuter visa, things to be considered while living in germany so at the end i can get german citizenship.

Let me clarify here that i tried to find kind of job i wanted in Germany, but without success. Employer in swiss provided the opportunity. Ofcourse i intend to get german citizenship, but at the moment i decided to have my career as priority rather then German citizenship. But if the situation can be turn around in a way to get both job in swiss and german citizenship while living in germany that will be win-win situation. Need your help friends and i hope i will get.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dilemma for swiss job
Answer
5/20/11 2:26 PM as a reply to Heena Patel.
I heardd it compulsory to live at least 6 months in the city bordering swiss to get this commuter visa? Please confirm this before hand if you are eligible for it, maybe i am wrong in this regard.

Other than that you have to do two things

1. Consult a Tax consultant to know how the taxation works in this regard.
2. Visit the nearest einburgerungsamt in your city and find out what are the rules in this regard, with you living in germany but working in swiss.

I see no problem in you getting citizenship, if you live in germany, so you can fulfill the residency requirements. The second thing about tax, social does not matter much, as you are working and earning and not dependent on the government. Since you are alredy in germany for 6.5 yrs, hope you have fulfilled the pension requirements of atleast 5 year paying into the system and eligible for old age pension in germany.

Try the following website to gather further information

http://www.grenzgaenger.de/frage_und_antwort.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/11 5:43 PM as a reply to Heena Patel.
Hello, this is a crucial matter and I think as such you could as well discuss with the authorities AB, Rathaus.. to have the truth said from and by professionals rather than taking a decision full of "bad" consequences

Good luck, the german citizenship makes things very easy and believe me for having done projects in switzerland from my german company, life is great there but the road for a swiss citizenship is much much much longer and thougher than in DE so u d better get it here...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/11 4:05 PM as a reply to Heena Patel.
Thank you for your kind replies.

As suggested i would try to get professional advice from tax consultant as well as rathous/einbuergerung office.

Does any one who have gone through similar situation suggest any tax consultant or lawyer?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott