Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

J2EE Guru Q?

Toggle
J2EE Guru Q?
Answer
1/14/06 6:08 PM
Hi Java*,

Could one give a pointer to a working example using the following:

Jboss 4.x, Eclipse 3.1, MySql, Hibernate, Struts

Thanks in advance.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Re: J2EE Guru Q?
Answer
1/14/06 10:50 PM as a reply to A. T.
Why dont you use Tomcat as the application server ?
emoticon Eclipse has also a nice integrated plugin for Tomcat which makes the life a lot easier. A lot of XML tuning is involved to make all those technologies work together. It turns out to be an XML-Hell after a while.. I like the idea of decoupling the technologies by using code independent XML files but it increases the complexity and makes the software more difficult to maintain.. Ruby on Rails seems to be the new Buzzword in this area.. emoticon

Good luck,

Lacrima

PS: I am personally not aware of any online example which uses all the technologies mentioned by you in one showcase.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/06 1:50 PM as a reply to A. T.
Hi,

I'm not a J2EE guru, but I found that this tutorial uses all the technologies that you mentioned:

http://www.laliluna.de/struts-hibernate-integration-tutorial-en.html

Good luck,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/06 11:25 AM as a reply to A. T.
@Lacrima,
Thanks, but as far as I know, Tomcat is a Servlet container and not the Application Server like Jboss. Even, its not a web-server.

@Alex,
Thanks for the pointer. Its good to have a start with Tutorials(with more stress using Myeclipse).

What I wanted is a pointer to some working example, using mentioned OpenSource technologies/framework.

Thanks you both guys for the help.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3