Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Passport collected during visa interview - German National visa Bangalore

Toggle
Hi All,

I have attended my visa interview for German national visa for employment (work permit long term) at bangalore consulate on 20 June 2017. I followed threads in this forum and it helped a lot to submit my application without much confusion. T

They asked me to keep passsport and degree certificate along with the application. I heard passport will be required only after approval from FEA. Any reason to keep passport during visa interview ? Also It is 8th working day after submission. I need to resign from current job based on visa approval status. Does it make sense to contact them for status ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Vincent
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Passport collected during visa interview - German National visa Bangalo
Answer
6/30/17 9:50 PM as a reply to Vincent Joseph.
Hi Vincet Joseph,

I have attended visa interview in Bangalore at 28 Jun, and I got the blue card visa approval and collected the passport at 30th Jun. For me it has taken only 2 days for visa stamping.
Yes it's true for my case as well, they have taken my passport & PG certificate during the interview.

Kind regards,
Chenna.
0 (0 Votes)

Hello Chenna,

Thank you for your reply. Congrats !!

Just wanted to know if your employer has provided FEA (Federal Employment Agency) approval for your job. Or you just submitted your work contract along with other documents? They told me 4-6 weeks of time it will take. Also, did they take the visa start date as the date you mentioned in application/cover letter.

Thanks in advance.
Vincent
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/17 5:03 PM as a reply to Vincent Joseph.
Hi Vincent,

I had my interview on the 30th of June and I called up the Bangalore Consulate today for an update. They told me that my passport is back and I can pick it up on Wednesday. I didn't have an FEA. My interviewer asked me as to when I would like to leave and made a note of that date. In the application, I had just mentioned July.

Thanks,
Saju.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/3/17 5:19 PM as a reply to Saju Thomas.
Hello Saju,

Congrats!!

Thanks a lot for the information. Now I feel I should call tomorrow and check status.

Regards,
Nikhil Joy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/17 6:11 AM as a reply to Vincent Joseph.
Hi,
I received Email from consulate yesterday and collected my passport afternoon.
It took exactly 2 calendar weeks for me. 

Vincent
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/19 10:01 AM as a reply to Saju Thomas.
Saju Thomas:
Hi Vincent,

I had my interview on the 30th of June and I called up the Bangalore Consulate today for an update. They told me that my passport is back and I can pick it up on Wednesday. I didn't have an FEA. My interviewer asked me as to when I would like to leave and made a note of that date. In the application, I had just mentioned July.

Thanks,
Saju.
1. Did you take health insurance document on the day of interview
2, Did you take travel health insurance document on the day of interview.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott