Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Tax Claim

Toggle
Tax Claim
Answer
12/20/04 12:41 PM
Hi Everybody,

My wife is studying here and her tution fees costs Euros 4200 and also she is living(student accomodation) in another town(as her university is there and impossible to go and come everyday). I am the sponsorer for her. Can i claim this in my tax returns?

Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax Claim
Answer
12/20/04 12:54 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
you can allways try.
if it is wrong finanzamt will refuse it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 1:53 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
You can, I did that when my wife started her Germsn courses when she came and it all went ok, I'm about to do it again this year as she has started back with her courses and it really costs me hell lot of money and has I haven't worked for quite some times this year, I can get a good return out of it.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Car Leasing
Answer
12/20/04 2:14 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Thanks for the answers, I will try from my side. NoBody, please do inform me how it worked after filing your this year tax returns(in 2005).

One more question, recently i got my drivers licence and i would like to lease a car. can someone suggest me the good one, and how this leasing things workout. i have seen couple of site saying 90 to 150 euros. Are they so cheap to lease a car(36 months)? any hidden costs, do we need to pay any downpayment? any english webpage where i can get information regarding car leasing.
Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 2:19 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi deepak (sounds like 2Pac :-))

I will surely let you know, I'm about to fill it already in the next days, because I really need that money as hell :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/20/04 7:58 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi NoBody,

I am in tax KlassIII and I do not get Lohnsteur deduction (my Brutto is below limit) but I sponsor my niece in a college here. Is there anything I can claim for tax returns?

Deepak you can definately include such costs in application for tax return. I am not sure but think you can also include cost of your regular visits to each other and cost of second flat.

Merry Xmas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/04 2:02 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi morety,

being frank, I really have no idea. The German tax scheme is one of the most complicated in the world (if not the most complicated) and I always got lost in it.

In fact, I really didn't knew that there ever was a Brutto limit from which people can't get Lohnsteuer deduction (I always had mine, so I really never knew), how much is this limit then?

But the best I can ask you, is to declare everything, I mean, EVERYTHING, that you can, people from the Finanzamt will check your declarations themselves and see what you should get back or not, and they will inform you on how much you should get.

And even if you're not satisfied with what you got in return, you can always reconsider the thing and ask them to re-evaluate (I'm actually doing that for my tax of 2003 because I think they gave me less than they should).

So just get that in and wait for their word, it's the best I can recommend.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/04 3:16 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
>..ever was a Brutto limit from which people can't get Lohnsteuer deduction... ...how much is this limit then?

In Kl-III there is no Lohnsteuer and Kirchensteuer deduction for Brutto of aroung 1800; corresponding to a around 1400+ Netto. Only Arbeitgeber part is paid.

I used to use www.elster.de electronic tax declaration (before I got to Kl-III) and it returns zero estimates if the Lohnsteuer entry is zero (you can calculate estimates of refundable tax with this programme). Submit(upload) with a click of a button. But you also need other paper work. But refund is very fast.

So I would be glad to know if should still file the declarations.

Any suggestions?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/04 3:29 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
As I told you moreti, just fill the declaration and wait for them to say a thing. I'm an IT man (some people call us 'IT Professional' whatever that means :-)) but when it's about my money, I nearly never trust software which calculate things (except MS Money when I try to plan things) and I really never trust the Steur-software, I prefer to do that the old way: a good Steuerberater, a bunch of tickets and receipts, a good pen and a good calculator and let's go :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/04 4:51 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
--I am in tax KlassIII and I do not get Lohnsteur deduction (my Brutto is below limit) but I sponsor my niece in a college here. Is there anything I can claim for tax returns?

if you did not pay any steuer because your salary is too low than you can get nothing.
You must pay something to get it BACK.

look at your year steuerkarte how much did you paid.
if it is 0 then you can get everything back.
meaning 0.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/04 6:03 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
moreti, how can you claim your tax returns when there is nothing you have paid? LOL ... I am afraid you probably have to pay back the finanzamt some money ... you better check with a tax consultant or any expert in this area or I think you can have a chat 2 with the officers in finanzamt .. don't worry they can tell you everything according to rules and moreover you are not going their for filing your tax returns
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott