Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa to Student Visa

Toggle
Spouse Visa to Student Visa
Answer
10/6/06 6:41 PM
Hello Friends,

I was a student in Germany from Sept 2002 until Oct 2005. Iam working here in Germany since October 20, 2005, got married in Dec, 2005 and my wife came to Germany in April,2006. Now, she got an admission into master course for winter semester.

I don't think she will be having any trouble to continue her studies on the spouse status. But what is not clear for me is that she can not even do any student jobs in the campus with spouse status. If not student jobs, atleast she has to do her master thesis at the end of the course. She needs to have work permission on her visa for doing master thesis or internship. But my wife visa clearly says that she is not allowed to work at all. Does she really need to convert spouse status to student status inorder to do some student jobs while studying, internship or master thesis?

Another thing is, Which status would be benfecial for her in the long term? I mean to say that which status helps her to get work permit easily after completing her studies?

Any input is appreciated on this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Visa to Student Visa
Answer
10/12/06 1:51 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hello,

your question is indeed a bit complicated and the correct answer depends a lot on your own type of residence permit/work permit.

I guess you won't get a reliable and concrete answer in a forum.

Mfg

S. Weh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3