Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit !!!

Toggle
Work permit !!!
Answer
1/19/06 2:35 PM
Hi all,

I am an african´s student in Hamburg and I am studying Master of Information Technologies.I have finished all my exams and I am almost about to start my Master Thesis.
I am actually in a situation which I would need advice from members of this community.

After I have finished my compulsory internship i.e the "Praktikum" recommended from University,I m working now as "werkstudent" i.e 20Hrs/week in a Software company.It is come out now that my boss needs me to work as fulltime because of the milestone´ s project I m working on.
In my knowledge,this is not possible with my current student´s visa or I may say it is possible but I have a limit of 90 days fulltime work per year.

My questions now are:

1) Is it possible to extends these 90 days work permit to fulltime work permit by keeping my student status?
If yes, please tell how to proceed.

2) If no, what are other ways which I have to follow to work legally on a fulltime basis in the company?
I want to mean how could I get work permit ?

N.B: I would like to mention that I hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering from Czech Republic before I come to Germany.

Your quick replies are welcome.

Kjordan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit !!!
Answer
1/20/06 11:39 AM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Hallo All,

why no one can give me answers or advices to my questions????

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Jordan...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/06 12:26 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Jordan, you also know that you can not easily extend 90 Days working-permit to a full time work-permit by keeping your student status at the same time, so we can not tell you here law paragraphs which will create miracles for you. Your reason to be in Germany is to study, how you gonna explain a full-time job when your studies are continuing ?

Alternatives:
a) Quit studying and ask the company to get a full time work-permit for you.(by doing all the hassle of job market check etc.. as there is no other way of getting the full time work-permit, provided that you dont have 85K p.a offer..)

b) Get from your University a paper stating that this full-time job is needed for your studies and then you dont need any work-permit. (Actually Master-Thesis writing is part of your studies so you can do this full time job as a part of your Master-Thesis work and ask the University to support it.. )

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/06 12:43 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Thanks you a lot Lacrima for your quick answer.

I take good note of your advice.

I will make my decision within next days.

Have a nice week-end.

Jordan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/06 1:51 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Good day,
>
> I'm a South African national that would like to find
out more and
> possibly apply for a green card to work in Germany
as my girlfriend
> is based here. My intention would be to stay here
for +- 6months
> prior to us both returning to South Africa to reside
permenantly.
>
> I currenly have a work permit for the UK and a
business schenghen
> visa too.
>
> I hope you can help with this regard, many thanks in
advance.
>
> Clinton Maslamoney
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/06 6:41 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
jordan I think best option for you is this:

1.finish your Master in 1 or 2 months. if you are important your boss will wait when he sees that this is the only way
2.after getting title you get 1 year visa to search job. but you allready have job. your boss only has to show that only you fit to this job and nobody else (AMC).
3.after Arbeit Markt Check you get normal working visa from ABH
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18