Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

OH my God.....

Toggle
OH my God.....
Answer
10/5/05 10:23 AM
One of my relative visited me from Asia on the sponcership of my another relative "XXXX" in Germany.During his visit at my home suddenly he became sick and i phone for ambulance.He admitted in hospital for a night and hospital made a bill of 5000€(Five Thousand).
Who will pay that bill????
I(who called the ambulance)....?
Relative(Who sponcered the person)....?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: OH my God.....
Answer
10/5/05 11:52 AM as a reply to a a.
i guess your relative should pay. Don't you have an insurance coverage for this guy?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 12:36 PM as a reply to a a.
Of course the person who sponsored that guy!

Btw, if the guy is from India, you can be sure that he will be having a travel insurance (which is a must, nowadays). But then someone has to pay the hospital bills upfront, and then claim the amount from the insurance company. ICICI Lombard had an international free hotline (00800......) and I had fun talking to some stupid guys sitting in France who spoke the worst English.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 4:04 PM as a reply to a a.
Hi
@Fred,
My parents are here from India, Could you please point out that what exactly is the way to claim the insurance in case of any health problem. They have medical insurance from National Ins. Co. in India.
Thanks in Advance,
vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 4:33 PM as a reply to a a.
I was affraid because i was always with him during his hospital stay due to language.But hospital asked from me first patient or his relative has to pay that amount 5000€ and they claim later, they asked the address and i given the address of the person who sponcered my relative.
He was having insurence any usa company.
I also talk with insurence but they are saying any long process.I mean anybody or patient has to pay first then insurence will pay to the patient.
As i think if we sponcer any body from anyother country we should have German insurence company of health.Otherwise process become too long and some times insurences who are sitting other countries dont understand German language.
OR ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 4:39 PM as a reply to a a.
@vivek:

Usually the policy which your parents carry will have a phone number to contact. Before visiting any doc/dentist, you have to call them up, inform them, get their permission and then go for treatment (unless its an emergency). Those ppl will guide you what to do. One thing you need to have is lot of patience. ICICI Lombard (& Nat Ass.Co.) have tie-up with another international insurance co. called Coris (France).

Check:
http://www.niacl.com/per-overseas.html
scroll to the bottom.

or
http://www.niacl.com/products.html

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 5:42 PM as a reply to a a.
My parents were here for 3 months and I had ADAC. I had to take my mother to the doctor, and I just send the bill to ADAC and they paid. I guess it's better to take a German Insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 5:55 PM as a reply to a a.
Yes, people visiting Germany should take insurance with German company.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 5:23 AM as a reply to a a.
@faisalm

I have a question for you.

Have you taken the ADAC insurance for your parents after thier arrival here or beforehand ? and how much did it cost / month

Thanx in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 11:53 AM as a reply to a a.
@krieger

I took it before they came in. But the insurance starts from the day they are in germany. It was 97 Euros per person. If your parents are above 67 it's more expensive, but I don't know how much is that. You could go to any ADAC center in your town and talk with him or call them.

Regards
Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3