Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

new passport and entering the country

Toggle
new passport and entering the country
Answer
12/22/09 6:41 PM
hi guys!
I am a citizen of Russia and posses NE for Germany. I am in Russia over the Christmas and would like to get a new passport since this is much easier to do over here (rather than in Germany). However after doing so my current passport will be stampt as invalid. The question is: **** will I be able to enter Germany with this papers, i.e. invalid passport with NE and current passport with no visa at all.****
Please give your expert advice!
Many thanks in advance!
Dmitry
0 (0 Votes)

Re: new passport and entering the country
Answer
12/22/09 8:33 PM as a reply to Dmitry Kuznetzov.
I did enter Germany with new russian passport and aufenthaltserlaubnis in the old passport that was still valid, with NE it should work too. You have to make sure you've got expired passport on your hands, probably you'll need to write the request (zayavlenie) to keep your old passport since it still has a valid entry visa. I think the rules have changed recently and you actually don't have to submit extra papers, just state your wish to keep your old passport. Hopefully people in the OVIR will inform you about the necessary papers in the process.
Good luck with exchanging your pass, during new year holidays it might be not so easy as it looks like.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott