Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Go on tourist visa before spouse visa application

Umschalten
Hi
My husband has just moved to germany in July frm India on a permanent contract. The appointment date given to me by the german consulate for the family reunion visa is only in Sept. I was wondering if I could go on a tourist visa to germany in the meantime and come back and put in the spouse application. Is that allowed?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Go on tourist visa before spouse visa application
Antwort
19.07.11 14:50 als Antwort auf Jenny mgr.
Hi,
I recently moved to Germany on work permit from India. iam also trying to get my spouse on dep visa.

as per info-

- dep visa process takes 3 months
- touris visa is valid only for 3 months & cant converted to dependant visa
- both visa ( tourist / dep) cant be simultaneous.

- u ll get tourist visa with 7 - 10 days after u submit the relevant docs. but its for short trip
- once tourist visa is expired, then u have to go back to india, then start the dep visa process.

hope it helps
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.07.11 23:07 als Antwort auf Jenny mgr.
Hi reaz

Thanks for the info..but since the dependent/spouse visa takes around 3-4 months for processing after submission, i was hoping to go meet my spouse now for a few weeks.
The travel agent advised against it so wanted to know if there is any official policy against the travelling to germany just prior to application of spouse visa
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.07.11 23:37 als Antwort auf Jenny mgr.
Yes, even I have seen that the official embassy site in the section family reunification..but you can take tourist visa first and thn later on apply for family reunification but only after going back to India..
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.07.11 23:44 als Antwort auf Jenny mgr.
@jmgeo1

German consulate does not process two of your visa applications simultaneously.

for eg.,if you are in tourist visa,they don't accept your spouse visa application until your tourist visa is valid.

Hope you get it.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.08.11 00:08 als Antwort auf Jenny mgr.
Hi,

I'm in similar situation. Is it okay to come on a tourist visa to Germany for a few weeks and then go back and apply for the dependent visa?

Are there any issues doing this?

Thanks!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3