Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

How to get work visa for a job while studying ?

Dear all,

I am currently student (living in Munich) and going to finish my thesis by end of Feb. 2011.

I have got job by Bayer AG and going to begin from April 1,2011. I wish to initiate my visa process, hence Bayer HR asked me for My graduation certificate, which I do not have now. In this situation Bayer contacted Munich Auslandberhorde and they said that they need an equivalent document from TU Berlin (my uni) stating that I have passed all sort of written and oral exams and will submit my thesis by end of Feb. 2011 and will automatically ex matriculated.

I have heard from one of my friend's friend(who was in same situation as I am & do not have his contact details) visa application was rejected by Auslanderbehorde, hence I am very cautious about my application and seeking for your expert advise & experience.

Questions:

Shall I go for visa application ?

Is there any legal name for document stating about completion of my study by end of Feb. 2011?

What other care should be taken in preparation of documents?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Vishal
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: How to get work visa for a job while studying ?
Antwort
27.08.11 03:32 als Antwort auf vish pat.
Hi Vishal,

I am also in the same situation now. Could you please tell me so finally what happened with your visa? Did you get that letter from the University?

My situation: Job starting from 1st Dec, Thesis to submit by Oct 15th and graduation day is Nov 25th. My company said that you dnt need any thing for your current education as we are applying it based on your B.E (from India).

Anyhow I have submitted the docs in ABH and submitted one letter from the Univ in which it was stated that I will graduate at the end of Nov.

So, Lets see. How was your experience with this?

Thnx
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.08.11 06:40 als Antwort auf vish pat.
@ To Maverick

(To my knowlegde) The law that allows foreign students to work in DE upon graduation relies on a german Degree, meaning obtained here.

Second, my thesis got accepted on July 15th (TU Dortmund) and I started working on August 15th (A Bank in Hamburg) back in 2007 where we had to wait for some weeks before they issue the work permit. I defended my thesis publicly on October 20th and got the degree even later. What my supervisor did was to write a letter/statement saying that nothing was retaining me at the university and that they should deliver me a work permit as soon as possible before I change my mind and move to Canada or to the US . I have to say I follwed the issue personally and always knew where the file where and called the contact persons directly (Arbeit Agentur in the City where the job got offered, they are the one delivering the work permit, at least it was like that back in 2007)

Important is to have te support of your Professors at the university and to have a polite and nice conversation with the Foreign Office.

Godd luck!

Bolo Frankfurt
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.08.11 16:29 als Antwort auf vish pat.
I think it should work fine. Nothing to worry. I have also applied for my work permit using my Bachelor Degree. They can approve work permit based on Bachelor degree, but it has many other obligations. I think if one has a German degree it would be easy for them to process. So that’s why they ask a letter from prof./Univ. to make sure that you are going to complete your studies rather than discontinuing. And they will process your visa based on the rules that you are graduated in Germany. Once your work permit is accepted no one will check whether you have completed your degree or not. I wish you best of Luck.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.08.11 17:07 als Antwort auf vish pat.
@Bolo Frankfurt
@IndiaGerman

Thanks for the info & wishes. I hope to post my positive and valuable experience on this as soon as I have the decision from the concerned authority.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.09.11 15:39 als Antwort auf vish pat.
@All,

As promised, here is my experience, a positive one:

Applied for my WP (job is starting from 1st Dec) with all the docs from my employer on 23rd Aug. Mainly it was a Bachelor's degree as I am still studying here but to be on a safer side I myself submitted one letter from my Univ showing my enrolment & where it was also stated that I am graduating in Nov. Got an approval email from LABO on 6th Sep (in 2 weeks). Went for stamping on 8th Sep (today) and got the visa for 3 years straight.

Employer name is written on a sticker just above the Visa page and I am allowed to take up self Employment. In Deutsch :Beschäftigung nicht gestattet mit Ausnahme der Tätigkeit als "my role, company name & address" vom 01.12.2011 bis zum 30.11.2014

Selbstständige Tätigkeit gestattet.

Take care.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3