Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

German Driving licence

Toggle
German Driving licence
Answer
8/31/09 5:44 PM
I would like to take a german driving Licence.i already own on from my Mother country (India),what are the rule for applying a driving licence.Do we have any website (Better in English)

Please suggest
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Driving licence
Answer
8/31/09 8:34 PM as a reply to vikas ramadugu.
You have to find a Driving School near you and register first. You can convert your India License to German and buget almost 800 Euros for the same.

You can find one near your house by searching(Menu "Fahrschule Suche" on the top) in the website below
http://www.fahrschulen.de/

Basic info here
http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/driving.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/09 8:45 PM as a reply to vikas ramadugu.
@ramadugu

certain boundary conditions apply i.e. it should be valid and date of issue should be before you land in Germany, please search in this forum yourself, btw costs include;

Grundgebühr: 100€ (depending on fahrschule)
ordnungsamt: 43€
TÜV: 125€ (assuming u will give theory exam in english)
plus vorstellung (theoretisch and Praxis): 120€(appr)
ADAC translation/verification): 37 €
plus i suggest 8-10 driving hours (x 40 €)to get used to left hand driving, thats it!

if you do in first attempt, than i guess raj is right, it will cost around 800€.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 3:27 PM as a reply to vikas ramadugu.
Hello All,

I came to Germany in May 2008 started working here on work permit. In June 2009 I went to India for 10 days vacation. While I was there I opted for International driving Licence.

Whether this International licenece is valid for six months from June 2009?

Can somebody please let me know info on this case. .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/09 4:18 PM as a reply to vikas ramadugu.
Your International License is valid for first 6 months of your residency and may be extended for another 6 months.

Even if the cops dont notice it, Insurance Company will most probably reject any claim which may arise because you have not held proper driving license. Auto claims are not small. It is better you convert your Indian license to German, rather than use an invalid license
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/18/09 1:13 PM as a reply to vikas ramadugu.
>>I came to Germany in May 2008 started working here on work permit. In June 2009 I went to India for 10 days vacation. While I was there I opted for International driving Licence.

Unfortunately your license is only valid to drive in germany for 6 months from May2008 irrespective of when you got your International license.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott