Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German Citizenship Application - With / Without Lawyer ?

Toggle
Dear All

I will complete my 7 years in Nov. Came here as GC, 5 years later NE and now gathering info. to apply for German Citizenship. I never claimed any Govt. benefit e.g. ALG etc. Paid all the taxes.

1) What is the advantage/disadvantage to involve a lawyer to apply for the German Citizenship?

2) If Lawyer, any idea of the cost?

3) When is the good time to apply for it?

4) Any additional documents which may support the application?

5) What could happen when one can't show the "Deutsche Sprache" certificate but can speak and understand well to a moderate level ?

Waiting for your replies.

Khan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Citizenship Application - With / Without Lawyer ?
Answer
3/20/07 7:06 PM as a reply to Faisal Khan.
Why u want to spend 1000 Euros for a lawyer when you can do it urself without any problem.

You will be eligible for DC only in 2008 November. If you have done the integration course then you are eligible from November 2007.

Visit Standesamt and ask for details of documents needed and when you can put in your application.

Next time also visit the FAQ for some more information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/07 7:15 PM as a reply to Faisal Khan.
@fktrust7

I never claimed any Govt. benefit e.g. ALG etc. Paid all the taxes.

Yeah right....as if you had other choices :-)

1) What is the advantage/disadvantage to involve a lawyer to apply for the German Citizenship?

Surprisingly, the german authorities tend to make less trouble for citizenship process as compared to NE/EG or work-permit. Having a lawyer would certainly help, but not having a lawyer would also not harm :-)

2) If Lawyer, any idea of the cost?

Like most decent professions, they charge by the hours ;-)

3) When is the good time to apply for it?

Around 2-3 Months before you are due.

4) Any additional documents which may support the application?

Give nothing more than they asked for.

Do you really think submitting a copy of letter from your school principal admiring your passion for smoking joint in classroom would help?

5) What could happen when one can't show the "Deutsche Sprache" certificate but can speak and understand well to a moderate level ?

Then you wait one more year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/07 3:16 PM as a reply to Faisal Khan.
Thanks a lot guys.

I will visit Standesamt for details. I have done 2 Language courses but don't have any idea where thay stand. Lets see what Standesamt says.

Do you really think submitting a copy of letter from your school principal admiring your passion for smoking joint in classroom would help?

...LOL...

Khan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3