Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Advice needed to start working as selb-staendig

Toggle
Hello all,

I am in deep `ueberlegung` regarding my recent job offer. I would really appreciate advice from any one who might have come across such a situation here in Germany.

I came to Germany in Jul 2003 and was working as a guest scientist in a university till Jul 2005 for 2 years. During this time I had Aufenthaltsbewilligung and did not pay any tax. My Professor paid me through payments made privately from his research fund. I just received the money from the cash section of the university. And later have worked for the last 3 years (Aug 2005 Jul 2008) as Wiss. Mitarbeiter for a research institute on Arbeitserlaubnis &18 AufenthG. So in principle have worked for 5 years but have paid tax for only 3 years (last 3 years). And now have an offer from a company in another sector to work as a freelancer.

will I be able to work on this new job as a freelancer ? Do I need to have Niederlassungserlaubnis for working as a freelancer ? Or just having a BE status in my Aufenthaltserlaubnis is sufficient to work as a freelancer ?
how to go about obtaining BE when having worked here for 3 years already ?

Thanks in advance.
cfdguy
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Advice needed to start working as selb-staendig
Answer
7/31/08 1:04 PM as a reply to Bala R.
u can get around it in 2 ways
1) Sign a Freelancing contract with person who can do it. Get a sal 80% - 90% of ur billing which is fair. After 2 years u will get NE. then renegotiate the contract on yourself.

2) Apply for EG in Foreign office and most probably take a lawyer. Believe me its faster. After that you can work as a freelancer but limited to the time of EG.

any further questions u can send me a mail at
saviosn at yahoo dot com

rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/08 2:17 PM as a reply to Bala R.
Hi,

even with BE you are not allowed to work as a freelancer. You do not need the NE Niederlassungserlaubnis, but you need EG = Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet.

If you have BE, which should be easy to get for you, you can also use the trust7 umbrella service. We employ you and we make the contract with your client and you will get even more than 90 %.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/08 5:42 PM as a reply to Bala R.
Hello all,

I need advice for a similar situation:

I have a job contract. But somebody has offered to me to do a small software project, for example for 500€.

Do I need a "Gewerbe" for this "Nachbarschaftshilfe"?

What would you do?

Kaan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/08 8:36 PM as a reply to Bala R.
@kaan.oezturk

No but if it's more than 400 euros, you have to declare it. But who really does, when there's no bill? :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18