Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Niederlassungserlaubnis/Einbürgerung

Toggle
Niederlassungserlaubnis/Einbürgerung
Answer
7/21/09 1:27 AM
Hey guys,
I come to Germany in Sep. 2001 as a student. This is my short history:

Bachelors and Masters in Baden-Württemberg:
5. Oct. 2001 - 1. Sep. 2005 (Aufenthalsbewilligung, as student)
1. Sep. 2005 - 4. Dec. 2007 (Aufenthalserlaubnis §16, student)

PhD in Bayern:
4. Dec. 2007 - current (July 2009) (Aufenthalserlaubnis §16, PhD student with salary TVL-13/2 paying tax, social insurance,...)

I have the following questions:

1- Since my current visa is student type (§16), I cannot apply neither for Niederlassungserlaubnis nor Einbürgerung, right?

2- lets say in a year I am done with my PhD and have job. Will my more than 8 years in Germany as student will be counted for Einbürgerung? How about the 5 years for Niederlassungserlaubnis? Do I have to have a Niederlassungserlaubnis before I apply for Einbürgerung?

3- Do regulations vary from one German state to another? I am in Bayern now. I think its rather strict here. I have heard about only half of student time in will be counted here. Which lands are easy with the regulations?

4- Is there a way to convince the Ausländerbehörde to issue a working residence permit for me during my PhD project (given that I am employee of University), I know some people having working residence permit during their PhD work.

I would be glad if anyone of you could shed light on any of these points!
Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Niederlassungserlaubnis/Einbürgerung
Answer
7/21/09 11:36 AM as a reply to Kamran H.
No worries..
You can apply for Einbuergerung after 8 yrs in Bayern.
cheers
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/09 1:03 PM as a reply to Kamran H.
1- Yes
2- Yes (8 years sufficient for einbürgerung, provided you have job in hand, after your PhD)
3- No
4- No
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/09 1:26 AM as a reply to Kamran H.
Thank you guys! In other words,
I don't requite NE for german passport and student residence is going to be fully accepted for that 8 years (given that I will have a working visa after my PhD)?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott